View Poll Results: blazer vanes who likes em who dislikes them?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll

43 74.14%
  • dislike

13 22.41%
  • never used

2 3.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blazer vanes

Re: blazer vanes

I used to like them...then Jerry turned me on to vanetec swift 2.88"

Jerry is a very smart man :lol:

2. ArcheryAddix.com is the premier Archery Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oppi27
    Since everyone seems to be a ff fan, how do they steer broadheads at longer ranges as compared to blazers.

thanks
    Best I have shot! Stabilizes excellent and I have shot broad heads out to 70

i have shot out to 50 and same poi as ft's. i like the ff going on my next set of arrows from jerry
    vengeance with richards binaries black and camo
    vindicator with badger cams all predator camo

Addix Pro

Can some one tell me what the long range trajectory of the 3 inch Flex Fletch is like. I have of recent years used Blazers, I found them to be excellent at keeping a good flat trajectory how would the two compere.

Which Flex-Fletch vanes are everyone using for hunting? I'm using blazers right now and like 2" vanes. Would the Target or Extremes be a better choice?

been using blazers the last couple of years, no issues but would always be open to try another brand
    Wal Mart Pro Staff

I am an avid FOB shooter but there are some archery competitions that do not allow them, so I then shoot Blazers and I like them very much. I just like FOB's better and use them exclusively for hunting.
    08' Martin Saber, 27.5" DL, Limbsaver Elite Prism Sight 4 Fixed Pin Plus 1 Adjustable, NAP Apache Dropaway Rest, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release, Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28"/FOB's and Grim Reaper BH

I have hunted with FF for many years. I used the 360's and played around with the 3inch. I run a HEAVY hevical on them, they will steer a broadhead like no other. I am going to play around with the 3inch this year. I have some nice blood coated arrows with flex fletch veins on them.

I recently switched to the Flex Fletch SK300 (3" shield cut) and they fly better than anything I've ever used for field tips or broadheads. I checked out their site to see what the pros were using for 3d and most seemed to be using the ffp 187s so I refletched all my 3d arrows with them and they fly great. I'd say anyone that wants to use FF should read Jerry's thread on arrow building and always use the primer.
    God is good

Quote Originally Posted by DOAGuide View Post
    Best I have shot! Stabilizes excellent and I have shot broad heads out to 70
    What size FF vanes are you using to stabilize your G-K 125XLs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanl View Post
    Which Flex-Fletch vanes are everyone using for hunting? I'm using blazers right now and like 2" vanes. Would the Target or Extremes be a better choice?
    I'm curious about this as well. I have a 6.75" BH bow and will be switching to a TR Revolution soon. I don't want a vane that will make contact with my rest while the bow is at rest.

Quote Originally Posted by VAhunter08 View Post
    I am an avid FOB shooter but there are some archery competitions that do not allow them, so I then shoot Blazers and I like them very much. I just like FOB's better and use them exclusively for hunting.
    I hear you! I hope I can keep using my FOBs, but my G-K 125XLs fly the best for me, and if I can't use them and FOBs in my ground blind, then I need vane options that will give me performance as close to FOBs as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood*
    I recently switched to the Flex Fletch SK300 (3" shield cut) and they fly better than anything I've ever used for field tips or broadheads.
    Aren't those crossbow vanes?
    Tempus fugit. Frater, memento mori.

Maitland Retribution VTR 27.5"/70# in Harvest Moon, strings & tune by Breathn
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2/ FOBs & Flex Fletch/ RFA RazorHawks and Phoenix
    TR Micro Hitman5 sight/ TR Revolution rest

Blog Entries
    200 flash

Quote Originally Posted by Wood* View Post
    I recently switched to the Flex Fletch SK300 (3" shield cut) and they fly better than anything I've ever used for field tips or broadheads. I checked out their site to see what the pros were using for 3d and most seemed to be using the ffp 187s so I refletched all my 3d arrows with them and they fly great. I'd say anyone that wants to use FF should read Jerry's thread on arrow building and always use the primer.
    The SK 300 was designed for todays fast crossbows, its made with the FF extreme material. In a hunting situation with fixed blade heads these vanes are excellent, as good as it gets. Even though they were originally designed for crossbow bolts they have transationed to arrows very well. SK 300s are one of the best looking vanes on the market as well.
    I have no issues in fletching any vane on the market except 1, fusions! I stopped offering them a few months ago. Cant be a perfectionist and use these vanes, they stick good but you just cant get all of the bubbles out
    Last edited by SouthShoreRat; 01-18-2012 at 07:24 AM.
    The things you do today will be tomorrows topics of conversation, make it a good story!
    USA Dealer for German Kinetic Broadheads
    813-545-0754
    http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com

Addix Prodigy
    Man it's so good to have "our" walking encyclopedia of arrow stuff on board here!
    You don't quit hunting because you get old....
    You get old because you quit hunting.

I fletch with either 4 mini Blazers or 4 mini Fusions....I like how the base of the Fusions seem to stick better though.
    One of The Texas Boys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links