Archery Addix banner

custom strings

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jrogers 
#1 ·
Someday I'll have the equipment to start tinkering and making my own creations but for now everything about the frankenbows fascinate me... and make me wonder. That's where you guys come in. I've seen some awesome bows put together by several people on here. Do all of you make your own strings? Do you try to use limb/cam combos that will work with prefab strings? What kind of equipment would a guy need to start learning how to make strings?

Sorry not done yet still more questions. Where do you come up with parts? Buy complete bows for donor parts? I've seen quite a bit on AT and elite classifieds but it seems like you'd end up sinking a TON of money into one rig.

Sorry for all the questions but I'm pretty intrigued and when I signed up they told me to ask away!

#3 ·
Sinking a TON of money into one rig.........? What is money for, if not for sinking into the deep abyss that archery is?? LOL

I thought I wanted to make my own strings one time. I started checking into equipment, supplies, etc. Then decided to buy three more bows instead!!! LOL

#4 ·
I buy and trade parts several places and sometimes will buy donor bows so I can use different parts for different builds. As far as strings go I have a big drawer full of random old strings that I twist and knot up to get my final dimensions with then I just order new strings. Making my own strings would be nice but I just don't have the extra time to do so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.