Hellrazor or Magnus Snuffer SS??

Thread: Hellrazor or Magnus Snuffer SS??

Addix New-B

Hellrazor or Magnus Snuffer SS??

Just wanted to get a feel for which of these two heads you folks thing is the better head. I like the fixed blade 3 blade head design of both. I've shot the Hellrazors and like how they fly. But I have bent one of the blades and the head is usless. I hear Magnus has a lifetime warranty and they look to be very similar to the Hellrazors. Anybody shot both?? Thanks.
    postbit here

2. ArcheryAddix.com is the premier Archery Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Addix New-B
    hello?

Addix Pro
    Out of those two I have only shot the hellrazors. I switched to them half way through the 2010 season after I had a mechanical bh failure. I then proceeded to put one clean through a doe from a 40 yard quartering away shot. Hit her 2" behind her last rib on the left side and my arrow exited her front right leg. She came to rest 50 yards away. They did their job.

It couldn't hurt to try out the Magnus.

What grain heads do you shoot?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryAddix.com
    Advertisements

Both are good heads and will do the job. I like to put my BH's through some tough testing. One BH that I have really been impressed with is the QAD Exodus. That thing is sharp to begin with and flies like a FP, because it is the same length at a FP. The blades are .40 thick and it is very strong; plus it has 1 1/4" cut. Check out the unedited Youtube video of them shooting it 5 times through a steel drum and another guy hitting the bullseye at 90 yards. It still looks new. It realy holds it's edge too. I shot mine through 7/8" plywood multiple times and it still looks new. I dismissed it when it first came out but after ready some very positive reviews by guys I respect, I decided to play around with it and have been very impressed.

Between the two you mention, I liked the Hellrazor better than the Snuffer SS but you can't beat the Magnus warranty. Buy them once and you're set.
    One of The Texas Boys

Well, I'll throw a different one in the mix. How about a single-bevel 3-blade CoC broadhead machined from a single piece of tool steel? I was going to get the Snuffer SS since Magnus is just an hour away from me, but these Phoenix by Red Feather Archery are tough as nails, and don't have any weld spots like the Snuffer SS or Hellrazor.

If you despise single-bevel, then you can get the VPA Terminator, which is the same broadhead in standard double-bevel.
    Tempus fugit. Frater, memento mori.

Maitland Retribution VTR 27.5"/70# in Harvest Moon, strings & tune by Breathn
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2/ FOBs & Flex Fletch/ RFA RazorHawks and Phoenix
    TR Micro Hitman5 sight/ TR Revolution rest

Addix New-B
    I shoot the 125's and have bent both Montecs and Hellrazors. That's what interests me in the Magnus is the warranty. Are the Magnus's fairly tough, or just easy to replace thru Magnus? I'll look into the Exodus heads too! Thanks, y'all.

Links