Speed Freaks and short draw guys (Nick?) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Speed Freaks and short draw guys (Nick?)

Quote Originally Posted by NHNS4 View Post
    It would be like any bow, move the peep to your liking..
    but with the arrow that far back on your face you are going to have to lean your head to see through it, no matter the height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    postbit here
    E32
    Breathn Strings

2. ArcheryAddix.com is the premier Archery Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Quote Originally Posted by wvbowhunter View Post
    but with the arrow that far back on your face you are going to have to lean your head to see through it, no matter the height.
    This is basically what I was getting at. I can't tell if the string is lined up with their eye or if they have to adjust their head to line up correctly.
    Tempus fugit. Frater, memento mori.

Maitland Retribution VTR 27.5"/70# in Harvest Moon, strings & tune by Breathn
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2/ FOBs & Flex Fletch/ RFA RazorHawks and Phoenix
    TR Micro Hitman5 sight/ TR Revolution rest

I had my hand in the same anchor point with this release as I had with my trufire. String on my nose too. This release just sits back in my hand 2 inches deeper. Randy Ulmer tried it and now uses it. He is not being paid to use it also.

The bows we shot them with didn't have peeps.
    Take a kid hunting or fishing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryAddix.com
    Advertisements

Addix Pro
    Reno, What bow are you going to shoot to take full advantage of this release and make it cost effective? I ask because there are hardly any "speed bows" that have draw lengths longer than 30". You are looking to gain only 10fps over your current speeds when using these bows. So $200 for the release, $100+ for longer arrows making those 10fps cost you $300+. EEK! I wish I had your money. Lol.

I think this is better left to men/women who have draw lengths shorter than 28.5". Otherwise it just isn't really that cost effective. Not to mention all the face/arrow interference, etc. Which brings the question: is it even worth it?

Yes, it can/will be argued "I can get a 31" draw bow" in which I would respond "But for what reason?". The vast majority of bows capable of 31" draw lengths have a slower IBO rating @30"/70# and longer A-A than their counterpart "speed bows" that only go to 30". So the 10fps you gain from the extra inch of draw would bring the IBO's to roughly equal essentially making it a wash.

The one thing that you don't see anyone, even the manufacturer, talking about is arrow spine. Longer draw lengths = longer arrows. Which means a stiffer spine thus more weight. More weight leads to those precious FPS disappearing. So which again brings the question: is it really worth it?

I have a 31" draw. Bow selection is limited. I see these reviews for the next greatest/fastest bows but they do not come long enough. Not to mention lightweight/durable arrow choices are even more limited. So good luck on shooting an IBO 5gpp finished arrow with a 31" draw while being properly spined.

The short draw archers can probably come out ahead. If they want to try it then I say "Just do it. Nike." But IMO I just don't see this as being worth it. That is my .02 take it for what it's worth.

Elite Member
    Nice try Irked.....logic, reason BUT this is 2x you're talking about and with him there is NOTHING that CAN make sense!
    You don't quit hunting because you get old....
    You get old because you quit hunting.

Ok... after watching the video I got to wondering...well not really.
    A quick comparison kinda like the sales pitch in the video.

Name:  IMAG0285.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  97.7 KB

HHMMM...interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by IrkedCitizen View Post
    I think this is better left to men/women who have draw lengths shorter than 28.5". Otherwise it just isn't really that cost effective. Not to mention all the face/arrow interference, etc. Which brings the question: is it even worth it?
    My 27" DL is interested, that's for sure...

The one thing that you don't see anyone, even the manufacturer, talking about is arrow spine. Longer draw lengths = longer arrows. Which means a stiffer spine thus more weight. More weight leads to those precious FPS disappearing. So which again brings the question: is it really worth it?
    Yes, because I'll be able to shoot a heavier arrow at about the same speed or a bit more, resulting in a much higher momentum, which is good.
    Example:
    Assuming that I could still shoot FOBs with this setup: 62# DW, 30" DL. I could bump to a .300 spine HT-2 at 29" with everything else the same and get a 509gr arrow traveling at 258fps. 40gr more weight and 18fps faster. KE = 75, Momentum = .5819 compared to what I have now which is KE = 60, momentum = .5021, F.O.C. = 14.73%

Assuming that I wouldn't be able to shoot FOBs because of the anchor issue and having the FOB behind my chin: At the same 62#, but at 30" DL, and with vanes instead of FOB, I can use a .300 spine arrow at 28" and get the same weight arrow, but traveling at 268fps instead of 240fps. KE = 75, momentum = .5643, F.O.C. = 18.14%

The short draw archers can probably come out ahead. If they want to try it then I say "Just do it. Nike." But IMO I just don't see this as being worth it. That is my .02 take it for what it's worth.
    We short-draw archers could come out ahead performance-wise, but you are correct that it would be an expensive upgrade in performance at $300 or more, depending on arrows and cost of new mods. If purchasing a new bow, I can see it being worth it as you can start out with the longer draw length and arrows for it. Personally, I have to upgrade my 2nd son's bow to something better for hunting, so that's where my $$$ is going.
    Tempus fugit. Frater, memento mori.

Maitland Retribution VTR 27.5"/70# in Harvest Moon, strings & tune by Breathn
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2/ FOBs & Flex Fletch/ RFA RazorHawks and Phoenix
    TR Micro Hitman5 sight/ TR Revolution rest

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Links