Shooting Edge Technology Interview - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting Edge Technology Interview

Addix Pro
    I had dyed some no gloves with great success, they are made of pure rubber....I only use the liquid dye the box stuff NEVER worked....I had great results the first 5-600....I bought a few new bottles of dye and no matter what I tried it didn't work... think RIT changed something in the dye.....I microwave the dye with a bit of water added to it....I nuke for about 4-5 minutes...then I put the no gloves in and re-nuke 4-5 minutes....let stand 5-10 minutes and re-nuke for 4-5 minutes...like I said this worked great then stopped working.

P.S. I have tried 6 bottles and NONE of them will work now.
    postbit here

2. ArcheryAddix.com is the premier Archery Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thanks for the input Kevin! The Rit isn't working for me either. I just got off the phone with an art supply store in Colorado Springs, only 20 minutes away, and I'm going to go down and see if it's something that will work. If it does, I might be able to just charge a couple bucks more for the Black ProTX Hand Guards and just dye them myself since the Poly Dye isn't an easy cheap fix and not readily/easily available to everyone.

It is what it is.......so we might just have to wait until I have the working capital to order 1000 of each of the new colors.

Man, are we really that vain? Okay, maybe. I think it is cool how you are going way out of your way to make your customers happy though.
    Darton Pro 3800

5. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryAddix.com
    Advertisements

I just want to offer the best Customer Service and a Personal Relationship along the way. I want a Red/Black one to match my target bow setup for Vegas in a couple of weeks......I guess I'm just as vain as others! ;)

Okay update ........

I didn't get the video made yet as getting the glove to change colors has taxed my time as well as taking on more Marketing Jobs that have me booked full time! Yeah for me....

I did however successfully make a black hand guard........Lanny, this is for you!

I used Tulip "Slick" Dimensional Fabric Paint. $3 at Wal Mart and Hobby Lobby. I used a stencil brush to apply the paint while I was wearing the glove with a disposable glove underneath and tamped it into the glove after I applied it directly to the glove. After I had it completely covered I waited about 15 minutes for it to dry before pulling it off and then let it dry for 2 hours and then put a second coat onto it. The second coat was applied while it was laying flat on some newspaper. I let it dry another 2 hours after the second coat and then put it into the laundry with a load of jeans......

Here's a couple of pictures now and later when the teenager gets home from school I'll have her take some photos of me wearing while holding my camo hunting bow so that it looks good....I don't think holding against my black bow will show the glove as well.

Also........

Here's another update for you guys! We just put in the purchase order for Charcoal Grey, Black, and Caution Yellow Hand Guards to be produced. It's going to be up to 60 days for this cycle to complete as they have to make the new colors for us and then we will have to QC it before we start offering it. We're playing with the idea of having an offset stitch color to make the glove stand out a little more. For example, the Solid Black glove will have Red or Flo Orange stitching, the Charcoal Grey will have a lighter Grey stitching and the Caution Yellow will have a bright White or Neon Red stitching. You can see in the photo of the glove I successfully turned solid Black that it's very plain now.....this will NOT be what the Black Hand Guards will look like. It is only an option for those of you that already have a Camo Hand Guard that want to change the color of it.

Archery 035.jpg

Archery 036.jpg

Addix Pro
    PM sent
    2010 Elite GT500 Realtree
    2010 Elite Judge Black

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
    PM sent
    Replied!

Maybe that has been asked before:

Is there a full finger version of that Hand Guard?

While hunting this would be useful....at least to me.

Thanks

Markus
    Building broadheads again

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Maybe that has been asked before:

Is there a full finger version of that Hand Guard?

While hunting this would be useful....at least to me.

Thanks

Markus
    We will be making a full finger version but the custom colors will be released this year and the full finger glove will be released next year. I wear a Mossy Oak liner glove under my ProTX Hand Guard and it works just fine.......
    '12 Mathews Heli-M Lost Camo *Hunting Rig*
    '12 Mission Voyager XT Blue Anodized *Target Rig*

Quote Originally Posted by 09DreamSeason View Post
    We will be making a full finger version but the custom colors will be released this year and the full finger glove will be released next year. I wear a Mossy Oak liner glove under my ProTX Hand Guard and it works just fine.......
    Thanks.
    It would be great if such "under-gloves" could get purchased as an option as long as the full figer glove isn't available. Just an idea.
    Would save the customer from ordering at different stores. I can't find those super-thin liner gloves in shops overhere.

Markus

Markus, I will make sure they get added this week to the website!

Sent from my M860

Quote Originally Posted by 09DreamSeason View Post
    Markus, I will make sure they get added this week to the website!

Sent from my M860
    Cool!
    Order will be placed accordingly.

Markus

Addix Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootingEdgeTec View Post
    Replied!
    replied a couple times with no response... did the pm's not go through???
    2010 Elite GT500 Realtree
    2010 Elite Judge Black

Quote Originally Posted by Just 1 More View Post
    replied a couple times with no response... did the pm's not go through???
    Got this pm, I can get you a glove sent tomorrow

Sent from my M860

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links