USPS epic failure
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cjjeepman

Thread: USPS epic failure

Addix Member

USPS epic failure

As of now I'm done with the usps crap ,last week a buddy sends me a bow to try out ,I was thinking about trading mine for his .he boxed it up .Put it in the mail ,finally comes .get the box from the clerk .and shazzam the box is beat to hell.top corner completely torn off .exposing you guessed it ,the top cam.smashed and bent over with about 10 dents in just that cam ,strings and servings are smashed .two top limbs also beat to hell,draw stop bent over .had 10 carnivore arrows in the box with the bow ,6 of the 10 had broken nicks .and 3 of the arrows are split ....

Now that was last week .i sell my bow and buy a Phoenix ,I meet the guy and pick it up ,kinda gun shy on shipping bows after last week .get my bow ,perfect as I was told .now I need the proper mods ,order a set form a shop in Illinois ,I live in Indy 3 hours away ,this is Sunday 11/2/14 ,tracking number was given ,and a expected delivery date was Tuesday 11/4 ,that day comes and goes .try and track package ,but it seems to be lost in space .tracking number says it was receiver in lone grove ,I'll and that's as far as it goes .

So after that I buy a second set for a guy on AT ,he shipped UPS ,Saturday ,and hopefully they make it here ,soon before I go crazy ,I'm starting to wonder if this is the bow for me .if for some reason I don't get these mods this week ,I will be selling this bow cheap .
    Whew glad to get that crap off my chest .....one more thing ,I have lost all faith in the USPS system .and probably won't ship with them anymore ....as far as the mods for the I'll shop ,it's now 11/10 and they still haven't showed up .
    postbit here

2. ArcheryAddix.com is the premier Archery Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Wow! Bad news!

Sorry for your misfortune.
    Remember the Alamo!!!!

That blows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryAddix.com
    Advertisements

Elite Member
    Bummer!
    You don't quit hunting because you get old....
    You get old because you quit hunting.

It happens. Sorry if u need a hug Bling will give u one.

Sorry for your misfortune.

Where's Cord when you need him!

Addix Legend Archery John Blaze's Avatar
    Wow !!! There just is zero excuse for that sort of damage other than deliberately inflicted.

My kid brother is a ups supervisor who runs the whole center. He started as a driver and said occasionally there is a unhappy employee who will purposely damage goods.

I'd prefer to ring the punks neck personally. It's just a waste !

Very sorry, hope ups picks up the tab. I think there is an automatic $1200 ? Insurance on each package ? Or is it $200 ?

I can find out very quick for you obviously.

Sent from my iPhone
    Revelation 1:5

USPS....$50 on Priority automatic. Sorry about the damage.....Which way (Priority, Standard Post) was the bow shipped? I'm guessing the damage occurred inside the shipping container due to shifting and being crushed by a larger/heavier parcel.....Can't say for sure. I'm less than satisfied with the workers the USPS is hiring now.....It seems like we're getting the bottom of the barrel. The problem is lack of training and poor supervision as well.....All the managers now are only concerned with meeting deadline cutoffs instead of providing quality service, so they can avoid being singled out on their weekly teleconference by the District manager. As to the mods, when you ordered on a Sunday, you have to know that the earliest they will fill the order is Monday.....Many shops will fill the weekend order on Monday and create their shipping label with the tracking numbers, but the actual pick up for the shipment will likely not occur until the following day. I don't know why, but it always seems to have a 24 hour lag.....Poor management again, creating a flawed system to begin with. As to them showing up in a wrong location, I can say I see it here as well.....Sloppy work by the sorters either keying in the package or manually throwing it into the wrong destination bag. Again, I'm sorry about the condition of the bow.....Hopefully there was sufficient insurance on the parcel to cover the damage to the cam, limbs and strings. Start the process of the damage claim on the USPS website.....They won't let us take the claim in the offices anymore. Great C/S, huh? I hope I can make it to retirement.....
    Muley Hunter....ND Badlands
    Hoyt Carbon 34/Carbon Spyder Turbo /Buffalo
    German Kinetics Broadhead Slinger
    First Lite ASAT

Addix Legend Archery John Blaze's Avatar
    Oh shoot,,, I thought it was UPS, its USPS. Big difference.

My brown works for the brown truck, not the red white and blue truck.

Sent from my iPhone
    Revelation 1:5

I've had horrific experiences with USPS! I know how you feel. It happens WAY TOO MUCH around here.

Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT 30, Hoyt Faktor 30
    , Truglo Rival FX Sight, Truglo Carbon XS Quiver, QAD HDX Rest, Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme Stabilizer
    Swhacker Broadheads
    Bowstring Depot Field Staff

Addix Member
    Had 800 insurance on the bow ,as far as the mods they are still lost in space ,the bad thing is ,I could of crawled backwards and got there and back faster .reguardless I'm done with usps .they just don't give a $$$$ anymore .im sure they still have a bunch of really good people who care ,but the majority don't .
    Bootlegger likes this.

Addix Member
    Good news ,the mods from the AT guy ,are scheduled to be here tomorrow .just in time to get it set up and possibly sit in the snow this weekend .the ones from the shop in Illinois are still lost .

I get irritated with my co-workers on a daily basis......
    Muley Hunter....ND Badlands
    Hoyt Carbon 34/Carbon Spyder Turbo /Buffalo
    German Kinetics Broadhead Slinger
    First Lite ASAT

Addix Member
    I totally understand ,I feel the same way at work ,I'm a HVAC tech of 25 years ,and they hire these new guys that don't have the proper tools or experience ,and I spend most of my day fixing the crap they miss .or don't really care about .

Links