Archery Addix banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up 3 packs of the 100gr 4 blade magnums. I am looking forward to myself and my stepson to try these out. Both hunting and see how they shoot. I am shooting a 436gr DCA Hunter 350 (50gr aluminum insert) out of a 29 inch draw 65lb Bear Motive. 296fps at my local shops chrono. My stepson got my hand me down Mission Ballistic. He's using GT Expedition hunters probably around 375 grs. 27.5 dl at 60lbs. When we get some results foam or meat I will check back in. I got a small buck last year with my 3 blade rage, did the job but I wasnt impressed with the penetration. I am going back to fixed heads so I can get a pass thru. I hear good things about these heads on forums and my buddy killed his first mountain lion in Idaho with the Slick tricks. Put a nice hole in that one and burried in a tree behind it.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Just a very dependable head. Fly very well for me and do the job.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heads showed up in the mail today, the blades seem very sharp. Should do a nice job.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
You didnt go wrong.....good heads to hunt with. Good luck!

In a recent Bowhunter magazine review, Slick Trick had the sharpest blades of the heads tested.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shot my slick trick mags out of my bow and my stepsons. Both hit within 1 inch or less with field points. I could hit a 3 inch dot at 45 yards with both arrows no problem. My stepson isn't as good of a shot as me, but he was hitting good at 20 and 30. Cant wait for some hide to poke a hole in. Set trail cams and a new stand this week...won't be long now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, shot a doe with these, didn't get her. It was my fault I'm not blaming the heads. I hit her too high. Had very little blood trail and chunks of meat on my vanes. I think I shot just below the spine. I am dissapointed I didn't get to see how the heads perform and I don't like wounding game. I feel bad for them sometimes. Oh well I guess the foxes and buzzard got to eat too. Hopefully next time I will have better luck.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Very sorry to here that you were not able to recover the doe. Unfortunately, if you bow hunt long enough.... that happens to everyone.

I use Slick Trick Magnums (100 grains). This is what the holes look like and how easy the blood trail is to follow:

Reactions: JamesG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where are you getting your equipment?

Nice shot! BowHunter 2015 is a new mobile hunting app for Android and Apple App Store (coming soon) and they want to know where you get your equipment! By signing up for their newsletter on their website, you get entered into a drawing for a $20 gift card to a hunting store TBA.

Click here to visit their website and enter your email in the drawing!
Click here to visit the BowHunter 2015 Facebook.
02.jpg

Very sorry to here that you were not able to recover the doe. Unfortunately, if you bow hunt long enough.... that happens to everyone.

I use Slick Trick Magnums (100 grains). This is what the holes look like and how easy the blood trail is to follow:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts