Archery Addix banner

1st 3D of the year.

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  wvbownut 
#1 ·
I shot my first 3D of the year today. I did ok shot a 286, that pretty good for me. Had a blast even though the weather was cold as a well diggers you know what.

#6 ·
That was for 30 targets. I been grinnin' like the butchers dog all day!!!! I used to be really good about 11-12 years ago. Took 10 years off, and started hitting it hard again last year. My biggest problem is that I think too much, I'm so concerned about grip, bow torque, stance and on and on that I can 't relax and just shoot. My second 15 score was 10 points or so higher that the first, I finally settled down and got in a groove.

G
#7 ·
Outside in this weather???

Wow, and my wife thought I was crazy for running to the garage and shooting a few every now and then even though its in the teens.

I can't wait for it to get a lil warmer....I need to get as much shooting in as I can before June. :cry:

#10 ·
I am going to start 3-D this year. The Cardiacs wont be here in time so I will have to shoot my 334 or AR34. I just got my 334 back into spec yesterday, and its shooting great. I bought an Ultra Press from Gritty over on AT, so now I can fool around with my bows anytime I want to. Very handy :wink:
I have never shot 3-D competition before, so it should be very humbling.

#11 ·
Started shooting 3d league for the first time this year. After 5 weeks my average in our 30 target league is 286... Fortunately we have a great indoor range, as the average high temp here in Wisconsin the last 2-3 weeks has been around 10 degrees. Hope this cold snap comes to an end soon, as I have an outdoor 3d and brush shoot in Wausau planned for this coming weekend.

Shot a 296 a couple weeks ago -- my personal best, but of course I was just shooting against a couple buddies when I shot that, not during league.

Still looking to hit that elusive 300 mark... Just a matter of having a round with no 5's, and bumping a couple of those 8's and 10's up a notch.

This 3d league stuff is completely addictive -- it's what I look forward to most each week. Shooting the 331 makes it all the more fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.