Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Last week a fellow archer provided me with a 2011 K7K Vengance to test. He is a very experienced bow mechanic and top end archer. He said he could not get this bow to shoot well. He asked if I would test both vertical and lateral nock travel for him, I did and here are the results. The bow shows neither straight nor “level” vertical nock travel and the lateral nock travel shows a unsual “Bump” at full draw.
If you compare this to a recent test of the G5 Prime “Centroid” you will see quite a contrast.
I also added a Tilt tamer to see what improvements could be achieved in lateral nock travel, although it improved the lateral nock travel the “Bump” remains at full draw. You can get more info about lateral nock travel at tilttamer.com
There may be those that will want to debate this, but the test results are a machine output, and represent no opinion, only what is.
Thanks
Oldbuck (Joe)

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
what was the specs on that bow. draw length and weight

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mys2kal said:
So there is almost an inch of vertical nock travel?
Hello,
The vertical Nock travel measured .7" on this bow, which is about what most Hoyt bows show as well.
In answer to the previous post, I did develop the Tilt Tamer to help correct the cam tilt and bow torque.
Thanks
Oldbuck

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
2011 K&K Vengance bow test results

What is the "-705" reference on the picture showing "actual knock travel" graph? Is that the .7" of knock travel you reference?

Can you post a picture(s) of the Centroid for comparison? Or other bow? Say a Hoyt since you referenced it being relatively the same?

Do you have a hypothesis as to what the hump might be attributable to?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the info Joe, just curious how this compares to other 2011 models? I see you have also tested the centroid but just wandering if you have tested any other ones or what is on your list to test? Also will there be a thread where you post all your results. Thanks for any info, Matt

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
-2xR- said:
What is the "-705" reference on the picture showing "actual knock travel" graph?

Can you post a picture(s) of the Centroid for comparison? Or other bow? Say a Hoyt since you referenced it being relatively the same?

Do you have a hypothesis as to what the hump might be attributable to?
i remember old buck saying that there was zero vertical nock travel for the centroid. perfect.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Could the bump somehow be attributed to the angled cable slide? Where was the nock point located at brace? Was it lined up with the bottom of the berger like recommended? Thanks for the test.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts

Very interesting to compare the responses from here to the ones over at AT. Lots of people working angles and agendas.

I could give two shidz about the nock travel the way this thing shoots. Like a dream.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts

hyabusa78 said:
Could the bump somehow be attributed to the angled cable slide? Where was the nock point located at brace? Was it lined up with the bottom of the berger like recommended? Thanks for the test.
Could, but the Centroid cable guard flexes as it reaches full draw to achieve a similar angle to the K&K so I don't think that is it?

·
Registered
927 Posts
CdBurner said:
Very interesting to compare the responses from here to the ones over at AT. Lots of people working angles and agendas.

I could give two shidz about the nock travel the way this thing shoots. Like a dream.
no doubt about that! its good to hear you are getting good results! Eagerly awaitng my Vindicator!

·
Registered
38 Posts
-2xR- said:
hyabusa78 said:
Could, but the Centroid cable guard flexes as it reaches full draw to achieve a similar angle to the K&K so I don't think that is it?
My initial thinking was it sticking. But getting the same result with the TT has me perplexed. :???:

The vertical nock travel is obvious, but would only be relevant if the nock point was set correctly. Set a high nock point on any 1.5 cam and you'll see similar results.

That horizontal "bump" has me intrigued though. :p

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
hyabusa78 said:
-2xR- said:
hyabusa78 said:
My initial thinking was it sticking. But getting the same result with the TT has me perplexed. :???:

The vertical nock travel is obvious, but would only be relevant if the nock point was set correctly. Set a high nock point on any 1.5 cam and you'll see similar results.

especially considering that hump is there without a cable guard. what could possibly cause it.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts

mizzo 29 said:
hyabusa78 said:
[quote="-2xR-":1hqpi6q2]
hyabusa78 said:

especially considering that hump is there without a cable guard. what could possibly cause it.[/quote:1hqpi6q2]

Draw stops not hitting limb at the same time???

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
How about some more info...

This is completely useless without stating the draw length, mod settings, draw stop settings, pictures of the timing dots and maybe even draw weight?

No, pictures of the bow just meaning less sketched graphs.

The hump could be because someone took the draw stops out, so the cams are over rotating . . .

Useless!!!

:razz:

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
I would venture to say the bow is a 70 pound ,,,right hand,,,28 draw,,,all balck,,,serial #64,, and is in Connecticut while it's owner is in Florida,,but i'm not one to gossip.

original poster did make mention that the tuner is a well established in this field as well as being a top notch archer. in other owrds,,,he aint a ham and egger,,,he's tuned and set up tons of bows and did his share of kickin' ass on the 3-d course and target shoots.

Good question as to what his bump is,,,,but it is probably whats causing this bow to need such a stout spine arrow in order to paper tune.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Archery John Blaze said:
I would venture to say the bow is a 70 pound ,,,right hand,,,28 draw,,,all balck,,,serial #64,, and is in Connecticut while it's owner is in Florida,,but i'm not one to gossip.

original poster did make mention that the tuner is a well established in this field as well as being a top notch archer. in other owrds,,,he aint a ham and egger,,,he's tuned and set up tons of bows and did his share of kickin' "Edit" on the 3-d course and target shoots.

Good question as to what his bump is,,,,but it is probably whats causing this bow to need such a stout spine arrow in order to paper tune.

I would think you need to find another tuner. I think your buddy jacked it up bad, but you keep believing in him.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts