Archery Addix banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Not just a tease my friend! I have the list in front of me. They haven't released any official specs yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do I need any special adapters to press the blade?

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Everybody asking about New Breed:

Should be a great year. They just sent out preview package info to us dealers. They are totally reworking their line up for 2016. A couple of new bows, a couple of old models given new life, and some other things. I have been shooting a Blade all year, and absolutely love it. I just tuned a 2015 Carbon Spyder turbo the other day and shot it side by side with my Blade. While the Turbo was 13 Fps faster, there is no way I would trade that impossibly smooth draw of the New Breed. The Blade holds on target better, draws easier and is just as quiet and dead. It is nothing like any of the original New Breed models or even any of their other 2015 options. It is a different level for them and I see the new cams and pre loaded limbs on the blade being offered on other models.

There is even some talk of a 350 fps bow.....we will see.

They will release at the ATA, and as far as all of the Eclipse owners out there, you might re think getting rid of them.

The turbo draws like a poopy flavored lollipop...

Anymore models with rotating mods?

·
Registered
503 Posts
The turbo draws like a poopy flavored lollipop...

Anymore models with rotating mods?
They are keeping the blade, have the Elevation they just released as their target rig ( 36 1/4" ATA, 7 1/4" brace) that has the reactor cam and at least one other model on the Blade platform that I am guessing will have the reactor cams as well.

The Reactor cam has more settings and adjustments than any two track ever made. It is awesome. Limb stops or cable stops, and the rotating mod uses two different slots to reach to the longer DL's. However, my brother and I have found that by using the two different slots you can totally change the feel of the bow and its characteristics. Go either super smooth, and sacrifice speed, or go smooth with speed! (I have my Blade shooting a 337 rating at 28 1/2" DL)

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
They are keeping the blade, have the Elevation they just released as their target rig ( 36 1/4" ATA, 7 1/4" brace) that has the reactor cam and at least one other model on the Blade platform that I am guessing will have the reactor cams as well.

The Reactor cam has more settings and adjustments than any two track ever made. It is awesome. Limb stops or cable stops, and the rotating mod uses two different slots to reach to the longer DL's. However, my brother and I have found that by using the two different slots you can totally change the feel of the bow and its characteristics. Go either super smooth, and sacrifice speed, or go smooth with speed! (I have my Blade shooting a 337 rating at 28 1/2" DL)

Thats cool...

I prefer smooth myself. I find the New Breed cams very interesting. I am hoping for a more... I don't know how to say it... "Normal" sleeker looking riser?... A little less mid-evil looking... 3.8-3.9lbs...

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
That Blade was the only WOW bow I shot at the ATA last year. Ridiculously smooth draw at 70#. If that cam feels the same on a different bow that has a little more speed without going to a 6" BH I could see myself buying one.

Reactions: whack&stack

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
So far from what I'm seeing is this.

Hoyt B+
My maim complaint on the nitrum/carbon spyder bows was how much they shrunk in ata at full draw. Hopefully the new limb design truly helps eliminate that. The defiant has a great looking riser and just hearing the name brings back memories of the old Hoyts. The new target bow appears to be a winner too but am not fond of the roller guard and that it uses the same cams as the hunting bows. The reason I do not give them an A is that I highly doubt the finish options on the carbon bow have gotten any better and I can get aluminum bows for much cheaper that are lighter.

New breed-B
Kind of hard to rate without knowing what is in store but the addition of the elevation IMO is big. 36" ata is a perfect do all length and the cam system is crazy smooth plus the rotating mods make it a dream from a dealers standpoint.

Elite-A-
The impulse fills the much requested faster bow slot all though not crazy fast like some want. The new finishes are also a nice touch. Nothing groundbreaking but a nice solid addition nonetheless.

PSE-A
While the carbon air may be their projected star of the show I find there to be better improvements elsewhere in their lineup. The new shoot through options offer a much needed improvement over the dominator series. The new supra is bringing a smoother can system and better limb pocket to the table while keeping close to its original specs. The inertia looks to be a great crossbreed between the dna's simple yet solid riser and the cams from the decree with a nice price tag of only $799. Lastly the addition of the brute force which is IMO the best offering for dealers. A compact, reasonably quick hybrid can bow with an affordable price that dealers can move in large numbers, what not to like there

Moxie archery-A-
Yesterday the owner of the company called me to answer some questions I had on their new lineup. He was very friendly and down to earth and its a relief to find a company whose owner is willing to do that. We talked about an hour regarding the current lineup and what is in the works to be released at the ata. The badger x gives a great option for a double shoot through target bow at a better price than OK archery. The origin(revised moxie) has seen some tiny upgrades such as an added hole for a rear stabilizer mount that was requested by shooters of the old model. The valkrye which is a rebadged vital which was an excellent bow. The Antigen which is a throwback to the original wrath with newer cams not the sho version which makes it one of the very few true 8" BH hunting bows within the past few years. The angel which is a rebadged hope, nice to see a 34" ata women's bow that comes in under 4# mass weight. We also discussed another bow that is in the works that I thing is going to be big for them. So far I'm very happy with the service I received from them and look forward to seeing where they take things from here.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The word from Obsession for 2016-straight out of Dennis's mouth on a podcast recorderd last night-

10 bows in the line up to include:

A new 36" target bow

One bow rated at 360

One bow even faster than 360

And the long awaited release of the 37" double shoot through. Called "The Final Cut" with a possible release date this coming Monday, Oct 19

Also new standard factory camo options including realtree and Kryptek in addition to the stormy patterns.

He said new riser designs too

We will see

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Everybody asking about New Breed:

Should be a great year. They just sent out preview package info to us dealers. They are totally reworking their line up for 2016. A couple of new bows, a couple of old models given new life, and some other things. I have been shooting a Blade all year, and absolutely love it. I just tuned a 2015 Carbon Spyder turbo the other day and shot it side by side with my Blade. While the Turbo was 13 Fps faster, there is no way I would trade that impossibly smooth draw of the New Breed. The Blade holds on target better, draws easier and is just as quiet and dead. It is nothing like any of the original New Breed models or even any of their other 2015 options. It is a different level for them and I see the new cams and pre loaded limbs on the blade being offered on other models.

There is even some talk of a 350 fps bow.....we will see.

They will release at the ATA, and as far as all of the Eclipse owners out there, you might re think getting rid of them.

I knew there was a reason why I kept my Eclipse.....

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Anxious to see what "really" will happen.
I agree Elk ,for all the fanfare and you know that a lot will be way less then advertised!!!

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
The word from Obsession for 2016-straight out of Dennis's mouth on a podcast recorderd last night-

10 bows in the line up to include:

A new 36" target bow

One bow rated at 360

One bow even faster than 360

And the long awaited release of the 37" double shoot through. Called "The Final Cut" with a possible release date this coming Monday, Oct 19

Also new standard factory camo options including realtree and Kryptek in addition to the stormy patterns.

He said new riser designs too

We will see

Well I guess not today...sigh...

61 - 80 of 103 Posts