Archery Addix banner

4 pin hunting/3D sight question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GroundhogCK 
Stixshooter said:
In the past I've had 6 or 7 pins, This year I'm trying something new. I bought a 3 pin HHA Slider, I sighted the 3 pins in for 40-50-60, 20 is just about 6" high. If I used my 40 without sliding.
So I can slide to 20 if needed for fine work using my top pin as usual or slide the bottom to 70 if needed ,I practice mostly at 70, shows your flaws really well :) Sounds kinda cumbersome but I don't think it will be

6-7 pin set up got to be hard for me to focus on the target so I thought this might be the solution. Not sure if I helped you.
I havn't been able to try my new setup much yet
But excited to ....

Hey Stix, humor me here if you will... I've been trying to figure out the advantage of that HHA recticle with the 3 pins versus the single pin models... If it's a slider sight and you can set it to any distance you chose, what's the point of multiple pins?

I get it! Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking in terms of treestand whitetails here in WI, not long range mulies out west... now my brain is around the benefits!

I was thinking (ouch), and that 3-pin recticle might be a good solution for hunter class 3-d where moveable sights aren't allowed -- just switch out the recticle for 3d, lock down the slider, and ready to rock! I suppose I could just pick up a 5-pin sight for that somewhere too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.