Archery Addix banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change the color of my Insanity CPXL from black to solid dark green metallic - riser, limbs, cams, and modules. So I want to know if anodizing or powder coating would be more durable and if any of the parts I want to customize should not be (loss of function). Let me know and post pictures if you have customized your rig's color. Other suggestions than anodizing and powder coating are also appreciated, but I am leaning against hydro dipping because I only want a solid color (for now).

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Ano will be somewhat see through. Little extra cost for the polishing as what evee the aluminum looks like, it will still look like that through the color.

For target bows, I like the ano finishes. Pretty durable.

Poweder coat is more of a plastic coating that gets baked on either by oven or uv lights. Looks good and is durable but can pick scratches easier.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That helps. I do not mind if the black shows through a little. Might even be cooler. Just to be clear though... I can have the limbs anodized. Right?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Not limbs. Ano is for metallic surfaces. Limbs would have to be dipped.....Contact Hannover Hydrographics in Barnsville. He does custom dipping for New Breed.....You can find him on FB.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I thought. Not exactly what I wanted to hear. Fortunately I am meeting with an airbrush artist this coming week and getting exactly what I want. Hopefully it will be metallic dark green a week from Monday.
Bow4 - 10.17.13 - 20%.jpg

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Make sure he knows what he is doing when painting the limbs cause if it its just paint with no flex agent, will look like hell qquickly.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hired a local air brush artist to do everything. Tomorrow my rig will be disassembled and dropped off for a one of a kind finish. I can't wait.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Okay......We'll wait for the pics! I just hope the finish lasts on the limbs after shooting it several hundred times.......Spider webbing would be my concern.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He thinks automotive paint will work. I looked into it and that seems to be the case. Regardless... I'm pumped and you will have to wait for pics.

Bryce

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Not limbs. Ano is for metallic surfaces. Limbs would have to be dipped.....Contact Hannover Hydrographics in Barnsville. He does custom dipping for New Breed.....You can find him on FB.
Jeff moved to MN a while ago and has now closed shop. Unless someone else has taken over.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Jeff moved to MN a while ago and has now closed shop. Unless someone else has taken over.
He had been running his operation in Barnesville, MN......He's now in the process of moving toVA according to his posts on Facebook.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Step one is complete. My rig is disassembled and ready for paint. As soon as the paint arrives, step two begins.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts