Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Search Dom Rasso for the second opinion. I'm not smart enough to post it.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
In reference to your first post.....

Hmmmm.......He certainly can write in a clear and convincing manner.

One of the two problems I have with this is the people writing the law. The old saying is, Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me...." The manner in which our government structures bills with all of the riders isn't common knowledge for all citizens. Many may back a bill containing this proposal without knowing what else is in the bill or without even understanding the phrasing of the item they think they are supporting. I know for a fact that I can't understand much "lawyer speak".......

And then we are back to the reality of only the honest people would turn in any magazines over a 10 round capacity. Black market would still have anything and everything anyone wanted to purchase.

I saw a post in the comment section of an online news article today, that had a suggestion. It centered on the punishment for being caught with anything made illegal by a law similar to what this gentleman is suggesting. He said, as best I can remember, "I will vote for these laws when you set the sentences to 50 years with no chance of parole for every conviction." In other words, "I don't want to give up my rights forever, if the penalties are not severe enough to cause serious thought by anyone considering breaking this law." I think I can agree with this. If the penalty for the crime is equal to the magnitude of my concession, then write it up........I can live with ten rounds to a magazine, too.

Still, in the back of my mind lingers a doubt that even stiff penalties would deter the mentally unstable, or the terrorist, or anyone that is considering suicide after the event.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
If I give up my guns to make you happy, are you going to give up your solar panel blight, your trashy Prius, your mandatory recycling, your politically correct speech, etc.????????????????????????

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Here is my answer. NO

Reactions: John Hume

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Fuuck all this noise. I won't make concessions on anything. In fact we need to go the opposite direction. As far as I'm concerned a citizen with no criminal history should be able to own any firearm or piece of artillery they want. That's right military grade weapons. The 2A affords us the right to be able to bear arms to protect ourselves from anyone including a tyrannical government. So if the government is going to have military grade weapons to use on us then the 2A affords us the right to military grade weapons. I'm tired of hearing people give an inch here give an inch there fuuck that give nothing up and take more. If I want to own howitzers a fuucking fully functioning tank or fully auto rifles I should be able to and so should any law abiding citizen. Fuuck gun control. Rant over.

Sent from your mom

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not a terrorist or a criminal. I'm not a member of some street gang, and none of those people who are in one of these groups will be effected by a magazine limit, a no fly- no buy list or any other law the government (at any level) comes up with. So someone explain why I or we should be punished for the act committed by some islamist terrorist. I do not own a semi-automatic rifle (having lived in the hell hole of New Jersey that was not possible, unless I was willing to break the states law), now living in Pennsylvania I had hoped to buy one, but with Obama and the rest of the libtards on the war path I won't risk spending the money on something the government is likely to ban. As a matter of fact if they do ban magazines or semi-automatic firearms (as Bill Clinton did) I will have little to spend money on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a few ARs. 2 that are completely build in 223, a third lower that is just sitting there waiting and a 4th that I am currently building in a 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm just sick and tired of the lies and nonsense politicians spew to try and get the masses who have no idea to go along with their agenda. Washington Post did a fact check on Obama, Clinton and Reid last week. All three of them got basically outed as liars as always but the masses just take their word for it.

I was also debating with my wife about guns the other day and I laid out the math. There are 34k thousand deaths each year related to guns. Now lets just say for simplicity that one gun is committed for each death (which we know not to be the case). The estimates put the number of guns in this country at about 1 for every person or 330,000,000. Then if you do the math that means 0.01% of guns are used in a gun death. So we penalize the 99.99% for the 0.01%? And what is sad is that that number is lower if you want to take out suicides (2/3rds of all gun deaths), justifiable homicides etc. I believe the true number in gun homicides and accidents is around 9k per year. Using the same math as the above that means 0.003% used in gun homicides.

I don't get it. But I love this quote and will end on it: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither. He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
They only want guns for one reason. So they can more easily enforce their power on the people. They don't giving a flying furry rats $$$ about guns killing people. They don't care about saving a life as they claim just controlling yours. If they cared about saving a life they would quit funding planned parenthood and make cars illegal. They don't give a $$$$ about us and that's the bottom line.

Sent from your mom

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
They only want guns for one reason. So they can more easily enforce their power on the people. They don't giving a flying furry rats $$$ about guns killing people. They don't care about saving a life as they claim just controlling yours. If they cared about saving a life they would quit funding planned parenthood and make cars illegal. They don't give a $$$$ about us and that's the bottom line.

Sent from your mom
Tell us how you really feel, Whacker!!!!!! LOL

REMEMBER the ALAMO!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have an AR with high capacity mags. I'm pro gun. I'm not sure what the solution is. I feel concealed carry is a way to limit certain situations. My original thought with this post was to see how everyone felt about the two links provided.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts