Archery Addix banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm sure this has been covered a million times and I just can't find it but I am looking for some input and advice. I used to have my bow and arrows tuned for me by my grandfather (he owns an archery pro shop) and I've never spent the time doing it myself until now. I am wanting to work on my own arrows as far as straightening target arrows, reapplying fletching, and nocks.

I am just wondering if I need to use glue and what kind of glue to use, on my aluminum target arrows for my compound bow. It's just too much hassle to go back and forth from the pro shop when they break.

P.S. I know all about not shooting in groups too, it's just that I can't help it sometimes. I just want to try for center mass all the time haha.

-Keep The Adventures Coming!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
On aluminum they do.

Sorry Jason, no idea what to use. I imagine any insert glue would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since we are on the topic of our own arrows, what's the best jig for putting new blazer veins on? I want to also do it myself, why not add another hobby lol

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Since we are on the topic of our own arrows, what's the best jig for putting new blazer veins on? I want to also do it myself, why not add another hobby lol
I'm thinking I'm gonna get an Arizona ez mini jig.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
For nocks I use fletch tite platinum glue. I find that the cyanoacrylates like control gel or other super glues give a frosty appearance and make the nocks brittle

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I have the arizona ez fletch but not the mini and it does 2" find and if ya want to do bigger no problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the replies! And yes I'm still holding onto a few old Easton aluminum arrows my grandfather made for me. It's a sentimental thing.

Also, the Arizona ez fletch is AWESOME! Thanks guys and gals!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'm thinking I'm gonna get an Arizona ez mini jig.

Love mine! They also make one specifically for aluminum arrows.

Sent from my secret hideout

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts
Not a fan of the Ezy Fletch. I still do feathers some times and getting them in the fingers is a PITA. Also if the glue gets on the fingers it is a lot more fiddly to clean the the Metal clamp of the Blitz. I would love to try the firenock jig or the new ezy press one but bang for buck I am a Blitz man.

As for gluing in nocks I like to stay away from CA type glues because I like the transparent coloured nock and the clouding bugs me. Therefore I use Fletch tite for then too.

Also not all Ali shafts need glue in nocks. Most of mine have adapters and take the Super Nock. The small diameter knitting needles my son shoots do have the swaged end with the glue on nocks.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Nice thing about those old aluminums is that you can cut that nock swage off and install uni bushings

1 - 18 of 18 Posts