Archery Addix banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was the first day I tried a back tension release.
Larry at C&M says it will improve my shooting. He loaned me one, a Carter(?). Today I finally got the hang of thinks after countless blank bales.

I am just curious how many others out here shoot back tension releases as a training aide?

Joe

G

·
I bought 3 different BT releases a few months back to give a try at them....I ended up with a busted lip a couple of times. :???:
I think I will stick to my fletcher releases for now, I couldnt get the hang of em, but I am sure it is just me, I know several great shooters that swear by em.

· Registered
90 Posts
I currently shoot a Carter Solution 3 (back tension) for hunting and 3D competition. If I shoot a trigger release with any trigger movement at all I tend to punch, flinch, freeze (target panic "disease"). Believe me the aforementioned will take the fun out of archery. I switched to a clicker years ago when I developed the "disease" and immediately I was able to aim properly again and score well. With the technology available today (releases) there is a release out there that will help you with your "let go" process. Don't suffer with the "disease", get help from a knowlegable person. My advice is don't change anything if you are shooting to your satisfaction with your current setup. Additionally forget everything I have mentioned about the "disease" if you cannot relate to it. You do not need to be aware thank goodness!

· Registered
829 Posts
I shot BT's for everything BUT hunting, Even then I have carried it for a couple years. I was told when I switched that my scores may drop for a bit but when they came up they would pass where I was and , they did BUT if you are happy with what you are shooting now don't switch. :(

· Registered
9 Posts
:( I've been trying the Carter Evolution and the Loesch and they are both a great releases I tend to prefer the Loesch as I find it more consistent than the Evo. I have always shot a BT and I have found that I have never suffered from target panic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.