Archery Addix banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For 1 or 2 bows a year it prolly is, but if ya do a bunch and charge for it, prolly kinda cheap.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My starting my point for my target rigs is 3:1. If I have 4 oz on my front stab then ill have 12 oz on my sidebar. For a hunting rig since I just have a B-Stinger Pro Hunter I just add enough weight to make it feel solid and have my pin movement like I like it. But this coming year Im going to be using a target like hunting stab setup. Balancing your bow just takes time and messing around with you setup. It took me a month to solidify my target stab setup. IMO the way you balance your bow might not be the same as someone else. So I don't really think using that bow balancer is productive. Since I know a lot of people who, for example, like having more weight up front or vice versa.

Jake

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Tight spot...I have a variety of hunting stabs...I am using an SS1 with various weights and bar lenghts.and a B stinger out front...I have a pile of weights on my table and am mixing and matching...will increase the side weight and lessed the front weight today...Should the side weight be to the rear? or equal distance like the quiver?...thanks for the input...

·
Registered
663 Posts
You want the weight farther back. Try 3 or 4 oz out front and 10 or so on the side. Put the SS1 as low as it can go and put the weight as far back as you can and see how that does.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
2012-02-05 002 001.jpg B stinger is a pro hunter...I took the 8 oz B weight and put it on the back of the SS1...put a saturn weight on the front of the SS1...put a Doinker chubby rubber and weight (5 oz total ) on the B stinger bar out front...pin float minimized, bubble very neutral...I have never tried this much weight to the side before, SS1 now weighs 1.19#...B stinger bar is 9.5 oz...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just wondering since I have a 33'' target stab and I dont need as much weight on the front since it's so long. Sounds like you found your stab setup!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Try taking off a little weight from the front. Try 4 oz. and then 12 on back and see where that gets you. You shouldnt need that much weight to balance out that bow.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I think so....shorter out front needs some weight...That's why I like starting with a light bow, you can put weight where you want it. I must admit that's more side weight than I thought would be needed...total bow weight fully loaded as seen...7.19#...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Nice sliver... it is nice when you offset weight and watch the pins float less. The weight if proper pulls the bow into level and stays steady thru the shot. Well done.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think so....shorter out front needs some weight...That's why I like starting with a light bow, you can put weight where you want it. I must admit that's more side weight than I thought would be needed...total bow weight fully loaded as seen...7.19#...
Well I'm glad you got it figured man!! As long as its stays steady for you then that's all that matters! My Ultra Elite weighed about 10#.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I not found DIY as actual balance device. It not meet my requirements. Who is familiarize with alternative source which can help me like a perfect balance device.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts