Archery Addix banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys useing for pressing your Ross's? I have a homemade hydrolic that work for years on bows with normal limbs. What should I use on my ROSS with out hurting the limbs??

G

·
Weave said:
If I was to buy a new press....I would get the x-press from Sure-Loc
yea they seem pretty neat, there is a guy here locally at a tractor machine shop that is making a "carbon Copy" of them...pretty smooth presses.

· Registered
289 Posts
You may want to check into the new bow presses on the market from Last Chance Archery. ( http://www.lastchancearchery.com ) These were the talk of the ATA show and are the main reason there are alot of X-presses on the market. I'm looking at an E-Z press For my personal use. All The Shops around here have switched to the Power Press. The presses have been given the seal of approval by nearly every bow company because of the unique design and extreme ease of use. Give them a Look see.

And Yes Thats My Ross 337 In One of the Pictures :lol:

· Registered
5,052 Posts
GaBear said:
You may want to check into the new bow presses on the market from Last Chance Archery. ( http://www.lastchancearchery.com ) These were the talk of the ATA show and are the main reason there are alot of X-presses on the market. I'm looking at an E-Z press For my personal use. All The Shops around here have switched to the Power Press. The presses have been given the seal of approval by nearly every bow company because of the unique design and extreme ease of use. Give them a Look see.

Thats a sweet lookin press :(

G

·
GaBear said:

Those look nice. What price range are they?

· Registered
191 Posts
i did a bunch of research and searching on the web last year and finally came to the conclusion that the X-press was the one for me... Yeah, it was a bit more than the others but when you break the investment down by year its not bad. Figure that you are going to keep the thing for a minimum of 10 years, then its only 50 bucks a year.

It's a great press and the best money that I spent. I have not looked back!!! Make a wise and worthy investment!!!!

:grin:

· Registered
289 Posts
The only problem with the X-Press is if you don't set it up right You can warp the riser. With The Power press you can't. It works just like the bow, from The Limbs Only. You Only Have To Press The Bow A Inch and You can do anything you want to do.

As Far as The Price Goes I'm Not Really Sure. I'll check with Leon next time I see him or Mike.

· Registered
680 Posts
I have an ultra press with the CSP kit. For the price you cant beat it.

give me 30 mins a pipe clamp and some scrap iron and i can weld a press similar to the ez press w/o paying the crack pipe prices of 90% of the bow press manufacturers.

· Registered
289 Posts
mosouthpaw said:
I have an ultra press with the CSP kit. For the price you cant beat it.

give me 30 mins a pipe clamp and some scrap iron and i can weld a press similar to the ez press w/o paying the crack pipe prices of 90% of the bow press manufacturers.
If You Can Do It. I'd Like To see It Work. Its Not The Press Itself that makes it Work, Its The Fingers. They've done a lot of research just to get them right.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.