Archery Addix banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

I may have a lot of questions going forward but right now this one thing is occupying my mind -

After months of research and shooting many bows, I am dead set for my first bow to be a Hoyt Powermax. I have a great local dealer, but I also JUST saw a brand new Powermax go up for sale on Ebay. It's a display model that has never been shot from Strike Shooting Goods in Arkansas. It's the same cost at my local dealer, but without the added sales tax so it WOULD be a deal. The only issue is Hoyt does not allow their warranties through online second hand orders.

I need your advice on this front. My dealer already said he would still provide tune ups and maintenance but warned me about the warranty issue. Would you guys say that just spending a little more and getting the Hoyt warranty is worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I have a few Hoyts and have never used the warranty. BUT!!!! I used to not have health insurance, but Im glad I got it when I did. If the tax is all the difference in cost that there is, Id buy the new one......

BTW, lastleafoutdoors.proboards.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the price is that close, go with the local dealer. You're gonna need him and probably get better service.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts