Archery Addix banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have never second guess myself this close to season as to which Broadhead I was going to shoot. The contenders. Left to Right...

ST Viper
ST Grizz 2
ST Viper/GT 2 (just put this together today)
VPA (just received these in the mail today)
GK125 XL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
VT/GT

I'm bear hunting in a couple weeks and will be using that combo.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Shoot enough stuff and you can use them all lol.

I really like the looks of the GK's. What flies the best?

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Viper tricks and GKs leave lack luster blood trails... But have good penetration when you need it.

The grizz tricks require a perfectly tuned bow are a little noisy but leave a filthy hole and a sick blood trail.

The VT/GT2 I will be trying out this fall. They fly great and should leave a nice hole.

VPAs never shot em

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shoot enough stuff and you can use them all lol.

I really like the looks of the GK's. What flies the best?

Good Question. The Vipers fly the best between it and GK. The problem i have with the GK is i don't get a good blood trail, i havent ever lost an animal with them but the blood trail sucks imo. I haven't shot the VPA yet or Viper/GT2 just got them today.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
VT/GT2 combo for me. I've got a bunch now and can't wait.

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
Waiting on ya'll reviews from the up coming season on the VT/GT's. They may be in the arsenal for next year.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Good Question. The Vipers fly the best between it and GK. The problem i have with the GK is i don't get a good blood trail, i havent ever lost an animal with them but the blood trail sucks imo. I haven't shot the VPA yet or Viper/GT2 just got them today.
I have experience with none of them, so more inquisitive than anything lol

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok I shot the VPA and ST/GT for 40+ shots and Dang am I tired. Lol. Both Broadheads shot very well and close but the ST/GT won the head to head match up at 20 yards and 40 yards, the ST/G will absolutely tear the heck out of a target (Nasty Head).

Next will shoot the ST\GT against the Viper (another day).

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
That GT/VT combo is one sweet looking head. Best looking broadhead I've seen in a while. It doesn't have the beauty that a GK or others similar have but it definitely looks like its ready to do some damage.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The viper Combo is my choice this year.
Dare I say I flies better than my gk xls?
Maybe on sept 1 I will get to test it on a real deer.

Sent from Sask

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
No new broadheads......I've got a plethera of GK's in 100 and 125XL, not to mention a few Solids. I'm anxiously awaiting to see if Markus and Ingo get the new bleeder XL designed and produced in 2014.....I'll be getting a dozen of them.

Reactions: Double D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fixed blade I still use Cybex but since they are no longer made I used Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain, looking at the Slick Tricks hearing good things about them....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts