Archery Addix banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the site you were directing everyone to for timing their cams? Also Mike or someone post up some pictures of what the cam looks like properly tuned. Trying to help someone out because they shot the Cardiac and said it had quiet a bit of vibration and I didn't think that sounded right. Any other ideas?

G

·
Here is the cam on my 337/Comp when I first got it.
It was maxed at 68 pounds (on 70lbs. limbs) and the ATA was a "tad" long:

After I added 4 twists to the cables and let out the string 2 twists, it hit 70.5 pounds and perfect ATA and timing:

· Registered
24 Posts
mdewitt71 said:
Here is the cam on my 337/Comp when I first got it.
It was maxed at 68 pounds (on 70lbs. limbs) and the ATA was a "tad" long:

After I added 4 twists to the cables and let out the string 2 twists, it hit 70.5 pounds and perfect ATA and timing:
Question for you:

I see where you put 4 twists in and took 2 out of the string. How did you know to do that? Did the string twists decrease your ata? Please explain, like I posted in another thread, I know just enough to get in trouble, and now with a bow press, I'm downright dangerous to anything with strings and wheels.

G

·
Yes when you twist the strings or cables it shortens your ata and thus also rotated the cam a lil.
you have to play with both to properly time you cam and get the right ATA if you ever need to time it. Most bows come dead on though.
When you add twists you also increase the poundage as well so you dont want to add to many twists to your cables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.