Archery Addix banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The matrix has fuel cams the matrix plus has rkt cams?
The original 2010 Matrix was equipped with the XTR cam and had the conventional cable-slide, while the 2011 Matrix-Plus had the FUEL cam and uses a rollerguard...the 2012 Matrix RKT & 2013 Matrix G3 both have the RKT cam.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
Yes the Matrix plus has a different cam,which gave it a few more FPS,but the bigger difference I think is the roller guard. I bought the Plus when it came out after shooting my brothers with the cable slide. Personally they are pretty close overall,,,I did think for a short while I shot the regualr cable guard better then my Plus. 2 years later i'm still liking my plus.

I am thinking of buying a new PSE again this year,,,,not that the Hoyt's don't excite me,moreso because I miss PSE.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm picking up a 2012 RKT Carbon Matrix next week I guess....I haven't shot the RKT cams any, my last Matrix was the original 2010 version with the XTR cams and the cable slide and that was, without a doubt, the best shooting bow I've ever fired an arrow out of...It wasn't the fastest, wasn't the smoothest drawing, wasn't the quietest, but when it came to stacking arrows at 100+yds that thing flat out shot great. If this '12 version shoots as good as my '10 did it won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I LOVE the carbon bows and still think they are the best shooting bows on the market today.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
OK i'm gonna give an opinion on something here. This is dangerous on this site being i've gotten flamed before on this site for saying such things and even to this day have a few "choice" friends who for no other reason dislike me because I voiced what I believe.

One point I always make is,,,I am NOT a "top gun" shot,never took 1 archery lesson in my life and never cared to. I am the proverbial weekend warrior archer and the things I accomplished with a bow were from my natural athletic prowess of my youth.

I own a Hoyt BoneCollector 35 Alpha Max I can't recall what year it is,,,but i'd guess 2010. It has the RKT cams on it. I also bought a Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus which I would venture to think is a 2011. It has Fuelie cams on it,and is a bit,I mean BIT faster then the RKT Alpha.

They both are 70 pounds and 28 draw bows. They both draw like butter,,,in comparison to those rather extreme cams I historically shot my whole archery life like 82 Airborne's,XForce HF, and especially my all time favorite G-Force MN cams.

However I have no doubt in my mind I can and find the Alpha Max a FAR much easier and more accurate bow then the Carbon Matrix...and it's HANDS DOWN. The Matrix has it's issues whenever it's windy out. I also think the large round tubular riser "drafts" more wind and makes it much more unstable in the wind then the Alpha. I also think the lack of weight from the carbon actually ends up ,,,for me,,,being harder to hold on target then a normal T6 riser bow.

I like the weight of the Matrix Plus,but I shoot the Alpha far better. Ofcourse @ 20 yards it doesn't matter,but I can shoot and have posted UTube video shooting the Alpha @ 100 yards without using or having a 100 yard pin. I don't have the nerve to shoot the Matrix Plus @ 100 yards to be honest.

Take this for what ever you wish,not an argument,just my experience with both bows I own and still own and are NOT for sale either !!

·
Registered
846 Posts
OK i'm gonna give an opinion on something here. This is dangerous on this site being i've gotten flamed before on this site for saying such things and even to this day have a few "choice" friends who for no other reason dislike me because I voiced what I believe.

One point I always make is,,,I am NOT a "top gun" shot,never took 1 archery lesson in my life and never cared to. I am the proverbial weekend warrior archer and the things I accomplished with a bow were from my natural athletic prowess of my youth.

I own a Hoyt BoneCollector 35 Alpha Max I can't recall what year it is,,,but i'd guess 2010. It has the RKT cams on it. I also bought a Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus which I would venture to think is a 2011. It has Fuelie cams on it,and is a bit,I mean BIT faster then the RKT Alpha.

They both are 70 pounds and 28 draw bows. They both draw like butter,,,in comparison to those rather extreme cams I historically shot my whole archery life like 82 Airborne's,XForce HF, and especially my all time favorite G-Force MN cams.

However I have no doubt in my mind I can and find the Alpha Max a FAR much easier and more accurate bow then the Carbon Matrix...and it's HANDS DOWN. The Matrix has it's issues whenever it's windy out. I also think the large round tubular riser "drafts" more wind and makes it much more unstable in the wind then the Alpha. I also think the lack of weight from the carbon actually ends up ,,,for me,,,being harder to hold on target then a normal T6 riser bow.

I like the weight of the Matrix Plus,but I shoot the Alpha far better. Ofcourse @ 20 yards it doesn't matter,but I can shoot and have posted UTube video shooting the Alpha @ 100 yards without using or having a 100 yard pin. I don't have the nerve to shoot the Matrix Plus @ 100 yards to be honest.

Take this for what ever you wish,not an argument,just my experience with both bows I own and still own and are NOT for sale either !!
I agree with you on your observations. They mirror what I have found in these two bows. I like the Carbon for the weight if I was having to carry it around, I also find it less stable in a windy situation. Barring the fact that for me to shoot one my dl is too close to the ATA of the bow. Still a good bow for a Hoyt, not one of my favorite manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
There's something about those carbons bows. You just can't not like them.
I'll admit to 3 affairs with the carbon mistress myself the last 2 years - they are my siren for sure!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 - using Tapatalk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts