Archery Addix banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm actually in the process of swapping out the FUEL cams for RKT's on my Matrix-Plus as we "speak", really looking forward to seeing the improved numbers...but most of all the draw cycle on the RKT is what I'm excited about because the FUEL cam wants to rip my arm off in a hurry, even more so than the XTR cam on my 82# Maxxis 35 did.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have the long draw version 8 inch brace I was a little worried about the weight but I loved the way the shot was dispersed put a 10 and half inch fuse on it and it is dead steady absolutely love the bow I really don't see another bow to lead me a stray not a fan boy just a fan of my bow

·
Registered
38 Posts
Matrix has XTR cams, Matrix Plus had a roller guard and fuel cams. Next series of Matrix bows came with RKT cams. In 2014 Hoyt went to the Z5 cam and named their carbon series bows "Spyder",while dropping the name Spyder on it's original platform of a metal riser.

I am not sure if the Matrix, which was a 35 inch platform, ever was made with a Z5 cam, But as far as I can remember, no, the Matrix got over done by the "series" of carbon platforms named "Spyder. The 34 which replaced the Matrix, the 30 which replaced the Element, and the Turbo which is a tad under 33 inch axle and a 6 inch brace hence the name "TURBO". Was NOT a Turbo cam,was a Turbo brace height.

I miss the weight of the old carbon Hoyts. The new Carbon Hoyts are too close to metal riser weight.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts