Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come over from AT, where I used to sell custom sideplates for Hoyt and PSE bows. I have been a professional bird carver for the last 43 years and used to make custom gun stocks for skeet and trap guns. I am now retired and make these sideplates now as a hobby. I will be posting pictures here of some of my work , hopefully soon! If you see something you like, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. Although I may tint curly and quilted maple to bring out the contrasting grain, all the other wood I use is the color that nature made.
I am excited to be on this new site and hope I can be of service to the other archers here!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some of the sideplates I have on hand . These will fit all Hoyt bows from 2004 through 2011 except the Elites with the handle integrated risers. I make them with the screw mounting holes or without. I will send materials for firmly mounting the ones without screw holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some more sideplates.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are two more sets of sideplates in fancy walnut, $36 each , shipped

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are two more sets in fancy walnut, $36 each, shipped.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A set made of Quilted Sapele. This wood is used to make necks for custom guitars and other stringed instruments. This wood is absolutely holographic! The grain moves when they are turned in the light. $75 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a nice set of Bocote sideplates. Good contrast for a black riser. $45 shipped.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This set made from Amboyna Burl looks like a briar pipe! A very tight grained, dense wood. $45 shipped.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a nice set of Zebrawood sideplates for Hoyt bows. The yellow in this wood will go well with a blue riser. $40 shipped.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leopardwood has an unusual grain structure as you can see from this photo. $40 shipped.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Fantastic craftmanship in those side plates. Would you be able to make a set of Bocote sideplates which would fit an Elite GT500 or do you access to other exotic woods or materials to use.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am sure I can, however I will need either a set of sideplates for that bow or the bow itself to insure a perfect fit.

·
Super Moderator
20,509 Posts
Jabwa said:
A set made of Quilted Sapele. This wood is used to make necks for custom guitars and other stringed instruments. This wood is absolutely holographic! The grain moves when they are turned in the light. $75 shipped.

Man That is Sexy looking and very tempting... I WILL KEEP YOU IN MIND.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PSE bows are a problem, since each riser is different. I have to have the particular PSE model in my hands in order to make a set of plates for it.
On the other hand, all the Hoyt risers are machined to take the same sideplates. This is handy if you ever sell your Hoyt because you can use the sidplates on a new Hoyt bow!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will be posting a picture of the plates I have available in a few days. I now have some available in Quilted Maple.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Jabwa said:
PSE bows are a problem, since each riser is different. I have to have the particular PSE model in my hands in order to make a set of plates for it.
On the other hand, all the Hoyt risers are machined to take the same sideplates. This is handy if you ever sell your Hoyt because you can use the sidplates on a new Hoyt bow!

Have you made any PSE plates to take place of the rubber inserts on the B.E.S.T. grip? Do you have pictures?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts