Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, everybody,

I haven't shot much in the past few years due to schedules, kids, etc, but after coffee with an old friend he'd asked about something that I truly had forgotten all about. I bought a K&K Vindicator in 2011, and I paid for the cam swap that he'd offered. I never got to get that swap because he slipped out of sight, and then his company liquidated. My hope is that this doesn't set off any mines or flares, but I was just curious if there was ever anything that came out of that. Did anyone else who was waiting eventually get their bows fixed? Or was it a futile effort? I literally have put archery on the back burner for a few years, and my experience with this had a lot to do with it. Anyway, if anyone would be so kind as to provide any updates on the company, him, etc, in a peaceful (I do recall the animosity, not wanting to recreate it in the least) I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in [email protected]

·
Super Moderator
20,509 Posts
He gave some people Stevens Cams not to long ago to try and even out him ditching everyone to work for another company.

He has designed for Stevens, Xpedition, Obsession, and Strother since his debacle of K&K.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I keep erasing all my comments..........I will leave it to you to fill in the blanks.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Ah one of the 15 guys that didn't receive a refund. ...

KS is like the dead body buried in the basement. no matter how hard you try to forget about it every once in awhile you catch a whiff of the old stink and it reminds you it's still there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, honestly, that was it. I'd actually forgotten about it, and I have a shooting buddy I haven't seen in a few years, and he'd actually brought it up. I love the guy's designs, and I bought a few of his products. I know things happen, and I didn't want to swat a hornet's nest, that truly wasn't my intent. Life just sorta took over and it only recently resurfaced. Thanks everyone for the updates. I'm not sure I know anything about a Stevens cam.

Ah one of the 15 guys that didn't receive a refund. ...

KS is like the dead body buried in the basement. no matter how hard you try to forget about it every once in awhile you catch a whiff of the old stink and it reminds you it's still there.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
In all honesty, that was what I figured...lol.
Why not stay around here a bit., it's a great group of guys here and we talk about things other then getting screwed by KS.....you welcome to join in.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
LOL, honestly, that was it. I'd actually forgotten about it, and I have a shooting buddy I haven't seen in a few years, and he'd actually brought it up. I love the guy's designs, and I bought a few of his products. I know things happen, and I didn't want to swat a hornet's nest, that truly wasn't my intent. Life just sorta took over and it only recently resurfaced. Thanks everyone for the updates. I'm not sure I know anything about a Stevens cam.
He does make a decent bow all things considered. He's just not a businessman and has a few other personal short comings, but hey, who is perfect ?

Write him a note and see if you can get those stevens cams, they did look nice to me, haven't shot them or seen them shot to be truthful.

KS is actively designing bows for Obsession and Expedition and I assume the new reorganized Strother archery that Obsession and now DDW gobbled up. Should make for another eventful year in archery this coming 2016. I'm looking forwards to it frankly. Bows are getting better and better every year and KS bows are right in the mix. Good stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not stay around here a bit., it's a great group of guys here and we talk about things other then getting screwed by KS.....you welcome to join in.
LOL, definitely! I was pretty active up until I just didn't have the time to shoot anymore- I'd been shooting for years up until 2012. I derived a significant amount of joy out of it, that's for sure. Having the KS-designed products, you all represented an authority on the subject, as well as many others. Great group, I enjoyed the conversations, definitely. I'm beginning to migrate back that way. I'm also a competition BBQ cook and have a team, so that takes some time up as well...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Per chance, would you have any contact info for him. I'd like to reach out to just see if anything could be done now. I wouldn't be averse to that at all. I liked the guy's products, significantly.

Thanks in advance!

He does make a decent bow all things considered. He's just not a businessman and has a few other personal short comings, but hey, who is perfect ?

Write him a note and see if you can get those stevens cams, they did look nice to me, haven't shot them or seen them shot to be truthful.

KS is actively designing bows for Obsession and Expedition and I assume the new reorganized Strother archery that Obsession and now DDW gobbled up. Should make for another eventful year in archery this coming 2016. I'm looking forwards to it frankly. Bows are getting better and better every year and KS bows are right in the mix. Good stuff.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Try [email protected] , but don't say where you got it. Who knows, it's way old and may not even be a good account anymore.....That would be normal, given who you're discussing.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
Per chance, would you have any contact info for him. I'd like to reach out to just see if anything could be done now. I wouldn't be averse to that at all. I liked the guy's products, significantly.

Thanks in advance!
No I do not have any contact info on him. I did see him for a short time on Archerytalk. He used some moniker variation of LSU, his fav college football team I assume.

He as per normal with his egotistical ways pissed a lot of people off every time he made a post. Eventually he riled so many people up with what he'd post that he either was asked or told by either AT or Obsession to chill out because he again dropped off the board.

So he is around if u look hard enough for him. Additionally there is another forum who's owners are KS nut huggers and they gave him some space there to make amends with the people he beat out of cam retro fits. Being the nut huggers they are, they wouldn't allow any exchange from the forum members and controlled the offer so as to make him look like a hero. Some people got those Stevens cams and others were not satisfied with the exchange but the owners kept trying to BS the forum they were being neutral all the while protecting KS from disgruntled customers to try to make the offer a sign of good will.

I took the offer as what it was. A set of out of business left over stock of cams with no chance to be used anywhere thereby making them garbage pail material, in exchange for past unpaid debt that technically didn't have to be paid at all because of BK. So not the best offer but because KS wasn't required to offer anything, I took it as an attempt to settle up with archers who paid good money and had no chance to collect a cent. So he tried even though these cams were unusable anywhere else.

That's my take, others see it different, the same or partially correct partially wrong. Doesn't really matter. We all have our perspectives. That's basically mine. I got no issue with the guy but I'd never DIRECTLY trust him for a penny. He has a bad attitude towards people and even people who supported his stuff. To me, that's too much ego to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
No I do not have any contact info on him. I did see him for a short time on Archerytalk. He used some moniker variation of LSU, his fav college football team I assume.

He as per normal with his egotistical ways pissed a lot of people off every time he made a post. Eventually he riled so many people up with what he'd post that he either was asked or told by either AT or Obsession to chill out because he again dropped off the board.

So he is around if u look hard enough for him. Additionally there is another forum who's owners are KS nut huggers and they gave him some space there to make amends with the people he beat out of cam retro fits. Being the nut huggers they are, they wouldn't allow any exchange from the forum members and controlled the offer so as to make him look like a hero. Some people got those Stevens cams and others were not satisfied with the exchange but the owners kept trying to BS the forum they were being neutral all the while protecting KS from disgruntled customers to try to make the offer a sign of good will.

I took the offer as what it was. A set of out of business left over stock of cams with no chance to be used anywhere thereby making them garbage pail material, in exchange for past unpaid debt that technically didn't have to be paid at all because of BK. So not the best offer but because KS wasn't required to offer anything, I took it as an attempt to settle up with archers who paid good money and had no chance to collect a cent. So he tried even though these cams were unusable anywhere else.

That's my take, others see it different, the same or partially correct partially wrong. Doesn't really matter. We all have our perspectives. That's basically mine. I got no issue with the guy but I'd never DIRECTLY trust him for a penny. He has a bad attitude towards people and even people who supported his stuff. To me, that's too much ego to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone
I agree for the most part.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts

Sent from my iPhone
Oh is that the forum you were recently banned from.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts