Archery Addix banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I bought a bunch of sheets of ethafoam for really cheap. So I worked a couple hours today than decided to take some of the scrap pieces of smart trim that he have and build a broadhead target. A cut a 9' sheet into 5 equal pieces so they ended up being just under 22"x 25". Than I made a box so they have a little bit of wiggle room and left the top open so I can swap out or rotate pieces as they get shot out. At bear camp last year 4 layers of this held up well. So these 5 layers should last a fair bit. In the end it cost me $20. I ended up notching out the back plywood piece just in case a arrow goes through it won't hit the wood. But the bigger pieces help hold it all together. Hopefully it takes a beating pretty good.

Furniture Table Chest Box

Box Table Furniture Carton

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and for the dots I just cut the bottom out of a coffee cup and just sprayed through the inside of it. It worked well. The other good thing is that as these wear out I can pull a middle layer out and paint dots in the areas that arent warn out to use up the whole piece a bit better.

· Registered
7,824 Posts
Curious to see how it holds up. I need a BH target for my basement. My blob is too dang heavy to lug in and out.

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. It's going to have to wait to get tested. Found a deer I need to video

· Registered
2,922 Posts
I have made something similar with no frame and utilized Gorilla glue (the amber colored stuff that says it will glue foam). Just ran a bead inside the edge and just laid one on top of another. I also would alternate different densities and also submitted that type of interlocking foam that you lay on the floor to stand on. You have to lay something fairly heavy on top of the layers while the glue dries.

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How well did that hold up? I always thought about that interlocking foam.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.