Archery Addix banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you thought this set up would be good for elk. I plan on shooting the cardiac at 70 pounds with a 27 inch goldtip 7595 with a blazer vanes and a 100 grain G5 striker head. Do you think this is good enough for elk? thanks

G

·
Good Choice..............

I plan on using 7595 Goldtips at 28 inches long with blazers and either Slick Tricks or G5 Strikers myself.
With the right shot, I am sure it will tackle the biggest of Elk.

G

·
In '91, fresh out of high-school, a friend and I moved out west and did a lot of Elk hunting. I used my old PSE Pulsar set at 55# and he had an older Bear recurve. We both had success for 2 years in a row. All shots were pass-throughs.

I shot the Pulsar through my chrono a couple years ago with one of the same autumn orange 2016 Eastons I used back then. 176fps!!!

I'm sure you'll be good to go. Good Luck

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
info

thanks for the info. I try to read everything I can on elk. I don't know if it will help but I figure it can't hurt. thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: info

wvbownut said:
thanks for the info. I try to read everything I can on elk. I don't know if it will help but I figure it can't hurt. thanks again

I did the same thing before my 1st trip. One thing for sure is to basically go where others do not and have good socks. Best advice I can give. I scored a 5x5 on that trip. Also when its hot. Look for the north facing mountain sides, thats were they like to bed during the hot days...Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts