Archery Addix banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
VPA' s are really good heads, killed a bunch of deer and couple bears with them. They just perform, great flight, tough as you can get and retake an edge very easy. Don't over look the 150 grain vented ...it's 1 1/4 nice big cut and all quality you can want.

Solids are fast becoming my favorites , these things are stand out quality wise.

Sent from The People's Republic of New York.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
any of ya'll shot a turkey with the VPA turkey head? How did it perform?
Didn't get to shoot a turkey but at the end of the legal season I did smack a rabbit with one. They fly good, I didn't have any trouble tuning them in particular. They shoot right next to my unvented 3 blades. It sounds to me like They have a slight whistle but nothing to not be expected with that big of a cut out. Not really any more than my other ones either. The first one I shot went completely through my block target and into a 2x4. This was straight out of the package, had it for maybe 10 minutes. The ferrule did bend, one call to customer service and I had a new one on the way. Free of charge.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369083320.643712.jpg
Did I mention the tip punched all the way through the 2x4? Lol this was at 20 yards. I'll definitely be keeping it as a small game head and turkey head. The extra impact will help kill with shock and the arrow will pin them to the ground so they won't go nowhere.

--Alex

·
Registered
965 Posts
The VPA's are great heads. Have taken a lot of big game with them over the years. The Exodus are great too. Always have a ST in my quiver in case a second shot is needed. GK's and Solids are high quality too. I just got some of the new Muzzy Trocar's and I am impressed so far with them. They are flying great and have very sharp durable edges. They will break some 1" plywood soon.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
LB I would like some more insights on the new muzzy when u get a chance. How they compare to the rest that you shoot. Thanks. DD

·
Registered
752 Posts
Muzzy Mx3's are mine.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I'm liking some gk heads right now. Id like to give a few others a run this year, but I bet I'll have gks and reapers in my quiver

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
QAD exodus head is my fav now, but that viper trick with GT2 blades looks awesome!

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
I'm a Wasp Boss 4 Blade fan boy. Before that I was a Muzzy 4 blade fan boy. I prefer the Wasp over the Muzzy these days mainly on account of the stainless head tip and the blades being sharper.

I also shot Crimson Talons for a few years with a lot of success.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I almost forgot.....I think I'm going to get some Hunor Nimrods to use this hear too....gonna be a full quiver for sure.....tough competition.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
My go too are the GK's but will play around with exodus this year. Need a 3 blade where I hunt elk in NM.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
395 Posts
3 bh I use:

- GK 210 grain for buff ... getting a bit too expensive for me the way we throw arrows;
- so my goto now for buff is the locally Aus made Outback Supreme Single Bevel 220 grain ... 3:1 ratio, tanto tip ... quick to get, sharpen, cheap and does the business;
- 200 grain 3 blade VPA Terminators for anything else.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I almost forgot.....I think I'm going to get some Hunor Nimrods to use this hear too....gonna be a full quiver for sure.....tough competition.
What I'm going to try is to keep two types of heads in my quiver: one set for the game I'm hunting, the other for anything else in season or small game.otherwise I'd never shoot anything cause I wouldn't know which head to try. Unless I pull a Robin Hood, man in tights and shoot 6 at the same time. Lol.

--Alex

·
Registered
8 Posts
QAD exodus, tried them on a boar hunt and they were awesome. fly great

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Heres a pic...

I just switched out the wifes viper tricks with my GT2 blade and I really like the way they look this pic doesn't due it any justice. Now the viper tricks are mine and wife is getting the razor tricks.

but QAD will still be on my arrow for bear this year.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts