Archery Addix banner

21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
mtelknut said:
Curious,, do they offer 100 grain in the XL model ? they do look awesome.
I believe the XL begins with the 125 gr. ......But I have been proven wrong on this subject!! :sad:

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
tough call to choose but I am definitely going to try some...haven't shot a 125gr before but the 125 SF looks like a grade A elk killer

·
Registered
764 Posts
Here is the comparison pic of the 150s mentioned above.

The bigger blade, same with the pic in post #1 of this thread, shows the 150gr. how I made it from 2003-2008.
With this 150gr. actually I had most of my hunting successes.

From 2009, I decided to make it tad smaller but tougher.
As you can see, it's the upper head.
It's still using the .071" blade thickness but now has the outer geometry of the (old) 125gr. (pic in post #1 as well).

Don't look too close. I know the heads are not clean and look rough. They are just taken from my box with practice / old hunting heads.
It's just for size comparison. :)

Markus

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Those are awesome looking. I can't wait to shoot some. Great job buddy!!! As you can see from the responses, you make an excellent product. Shoot them once and you will never shoot anything else. They are that good.

David

·
Registered
965 Posts
Markus said:

The bigger blade, same with the pic in post #1 of this thread, shows the 150gr. how I made it from 2003-2008.

It's still using the .071" blade thickness but now has the outer geometry of the (old) 125gr. (pic in post #1 as well).

Don't look too close. I know the heads are not clean and look rough. They are just taken from my box with practice / old hunting heads.

Markus
Markus,
Those pics of the 150 are the regular, correct? Is the 150XL version also the shorter profile like the top one only wider? I like that shorter profile.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Longbow42 said:
Markus said:

Markus
Markus,
Those pics of the 150 are the regular, correct? Is the 150XL version also the shorter profile like the top one only wider? I like that shorter profile.
Yes, they are both regular.

The XL125 is based on the 100gr. and got the same length. It's just wider.
By the way: That's why a XL100gr. is not possible without making the blade too fragile.
So, if someone wants to shoot a XL head, 125gr. is the lightest I can offer.

XL150 and XL 180gr. are based in the (old) 125gr., thus got the same blade length as the old 125gr. and new 150gr..

The original blade length is only to be found on the regular 180 and 210gr. heads.

Markus

·
Registered
924 Posts
Markus,

I can't say enough how much I respect your decision to get back into the game. I also can't say enough how EXCITED I am that I'm going to get to shoot some of your broadheads farely soon. I'm also VERY VERY happy that I didn't waste my money purchasing the cheap ones that were being made when you sold the company.

THANK YOU! You sir are an extraordinary person and these blades have and will continue to revolutionize my Elk Hunting here in Colorado!

Paul

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thank you very much Paul.

I appreciate your kind comments. The broadheads surely will serve you very well.

As posted in the other SilverFlame thread, I actually haven't ever sold my company (I don't know if my one-man-show is even worth at all to get called a "company").

I have just passed on my engineering datas and drawings and I have to admit that Alaska Bowhunting Supply never wanted to make "cheap broadheads".
They invested a lot of money and effort to duplicate the "German quality" and got tons of promises from their Asian manufacturer.
These promises turned out not to be true at all. ABS is as least as dissappointed as myself. They had the best intentions and still offer great products, especially for the trad guys.

Nobody is to blame but myself. After seeing half a dozen companies simple failing in copying the SF quality, how could I be so naive to think that a Chinese company can do that?
I don't know.

However, now these days you can say: German Kinetics is sold!
Even if Ingo and I are still in the process of transfering the full ownership with all tools, datas, manfacturing plans etc., I will slowly fade out when Ingo and his wife are getting more and more expert in each little detail the broadheads business is all about. Surely I will be there if they ever need help or advice but I also enjoy the day when I'm totally out of this.
I'm no business man at all and never will be.
Just like to tinker around in my workshop, to improve some archery related stuff, to spend more time with my family and......to bowhunt as so many great guys overhere at ArcheryAddix.

Markus

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
DOAGuide said:
Waiting to hear back from Ingo. I am guessing sometime in April. But don't hold me to that.
To late you already said it... :)

·
Registered
965 Posts
XL150 and XL 180gr. are based in the (old) 125gr., thus got the same blade length as the old 125gr. and new 150gr..

The original blade length is only to be found on the regular 180 and 210gr. heads.

Markus[/quote]

Markus, sorry but I still don't understand. Does the 150 XL and 180 XL both have the longer profile? Or do they have the shorter profile like the new 150 standard blade? Thanks and sorry for the multiple questions. I just want to make sure before I order. I like the XL width, but also prefer a shorter profile if possible, so may end up going with the 150 standard.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Markus, I think that I understand now what the length is on the 150 and 180 XL's. One other question is; are the cut outs on the newer 150 XL look the same as the older version? Meaning the cutouts of the 150 XL look like the 125 XL, only the blade is thicker with the 150 XL? Thanks!

21 - 40 of 155 Posts