Archery Addix banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Longbow42 said:
Markus, I think that I understand now what the length is on the 150 and 180 XL's. One other question is; are the cut outs on the newer 150 XL look the same as the older version? Meaning the cutouts of the 150 XL look like the 125 XL, only the blade is thicker with the 150 XL? Thanks!
From my understanding the only pictures that are not correct/up-to-date are the second 125gr and third 150gr pictures of the very first post. The XL's have not been changed. They are the same as when he originally made them. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Longbow42 said:
Markus, I think that I understand now what the length is on the 150 and 180 XL's. One other question is; are the cut outs on the newer 150 XL look the same as the older version? Meaning the cutouts of the 150 XL look like the 125 XL, only the blade is thicker with the 150 XL? Thanks!
I will try to make photo or drawing for an exact explanation.

Markus

·
Registered
965 Posts
Markus said:
Longbow42 said:
I will try to make photo or drawing for an exact explanation.

Markus
That would be great, thank you!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Markus said:
Here is the comparison pic of the 150s mentioned above.

The bigger blade, same with the pic in post #1 of this thread, shows the 150gr. how I made it from 2003-2008.
With this 150gr. actually I had most of my hunting successes.

From 2009, I decided to make it tad smaller but tougher.
As you can see, it's the upper head.
It's still using the .071" blade thickness but now has the outer geometry of the (old) 125gr. (pic in post #1 as well).

Don't look too close. I know the heads are not clean and look rough. They are just taken from my box with practice / old hunting heads.
It's just for size comparison. :)

Markus
I'm sue I'm just too obtuse to figure this out, but I'm so new to archery that I don't remember the original SilverFlames, and pictures don't help me much without some scale for reference. Would it be possible to get pictures of all the broadheads next to each other? Have the 150 next to the 150XL, 180 next to the 180XL, etc.? Also, having a broadhead that folks may be more familiar with in the picture as a reference would help me out a bunch. I'm looking at the 150gr Magnus Buzzcut also (although I'd have to add some weight to the shaft to get it up to where I want it), so a picture with the 150gr Buzzcut thrown in would help.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Here is a sketch for comparison.

Sorry, my time is limited.
If you need a comparison to other manufacturers broadheads, you need to get ahold of them and measure by yourself.

Markus

·
Registered
764 Posts
By the way, pic above is showing the XL heads before I re-vamped the vents a little bit.
As mentioned before, the first XL series came out a tad too light.

Most of you won't notice the difference but there will be more steel between the vents and the outer edge on the XLs.
That way the new XL heads will meet their weight class and will be stronger as well.

Markus

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
i'm liking the 125 xl they look like they will leave a serious hole. might have to try some of those

·
Registered
595 Posts
Markus said:
Here is a sketch for comparison.

Sorry, my time is limited.
If you need a comparison to other manufacturers broadheads, you need to get ahold of them and measure by yourself.

Markus
That is PERFECT! Thank you! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
plinker said:
I'll take one pack of regular 150's and one pack of 100's
When are you expecting delivery?[/quote

I posted the above request in post #24 but I would like to change the 150's to 125's.
thanks

·
Registered
764 Posts
Replacement blades can get purchased separately BUT I have to mention that the blade does approx. 75% of the whole broadhead price.
So most guys go for a second 3pack of full broadheads rather than changing the blades.

As long as the blades are not heavily damaged they can get resharpened many times....like your hunting knife.

Only a long lasting tool will deliver the best performance any time. Cut-on-impact and still cut-on-exit!

In contrast to most other broadhead constructions, the blade of the SF is considered to be the most important part of the broadhead and is not designed to be a throw-away-part.
Same with a knife, looking at its blade and its handle.

Markus

41 - 60 of 155 Posts