Archery Addix banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a GPS i would like to use it for hunting and hiking and to mark traps (going to get into that next season). i have seen these two but did not know if you guys had other suggestions I am not looking to spend more then 200 on this i would like to spend less because of budget purposes but i know in the end i get what i pay for when it comes to this kind of thing and i really dont understand GPS systems at least the ones for hunting.

Garmin eTrex 20 Handheld GPS Unit Bundle | Bass Pro Shops

http://www.amazon.com/Magellan-eXpl...&qid=1429895696&sr=8-1&keywords=magellan+350h (this one i have a gift card so it would bring it more into the price i like to spend)

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've owned Garmins ever since Selective Availability was lifted back in 2000. Their ruggedness, and dependability have been flawless..I've never had to use their customer service, but have known others that have and they were very pleased. I presently own a number of Garmins and use individual ones based on the activity: cycling, kayaking, hiking, and/or hunting and fishing. The eTrex 20 is a great little unit, but has a fairly small screen, it also uses a "joy stick" to navigate between screens/options. I'd recommend you take a look at the Oregon 450 or 550 both have touch screen navigation (and work with gloves), and are about 1 generation old - meaning Garmin has released newer models over the past year or so. The 450 has a brighter screen...which helps in daylight (both are back lit for night use). You should be able to find a 450 or 550 at a very good price since they are no longer flag ship models. Regarding Magellan...I've owned 3 over the years, 2 required warranty repair and (for me) the Magellan customer service left a LOT to be desired.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am using Garmin GPSMAP 64 and this 64th Garmin GPS is the perfect option for plenty of mapping options in high sensitivity for better navigation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts