Archery Addix banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first single pin sight...the broom adjustment OL 5510 I believe. So far, I am all dialed in and liking it on ALOT of levels. Pin seems plenty bright (was worried about the .010), small housing is great (concerned I would have needed the 2"), quick adjustments, seems like a great solution for hunting and keeps the scope un cluttered with pins, I don't need the microdial each foot capabilities of the wheel....heck, my fixed pin sights worked great for years at 10 yds apart. Sounds like the perfect hunting sight, right?

So anyway, here is my question. left to right windage adjustments, no problem but....are there any vertical adjustments to the sight I can not figure out? Specifically, I had my tape set dead nuts on for the arrows, vanes, and points I am using. However, I had to move my peep a hair and that consequently threw my tape off a couple yards but still pretty close. I can probably live with it but not excited about the prospect at all! Nor am I jumping up and down about the prospect of buying new tapes everytime I change strings, bow poundage, move the peep, change arrows, etc.? Is this the achilles heal of a potentially otherwise perfect sight? I like the idea of neatly printed, colored sight tapes. I don't want to have to set and write in yardages for 7 marks (20-80) nor feel I should have too as I bit the bullet and bought this sight new.

Mahalo

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The only vertical adjustment is to move your sight housing up or down by the two screws that hold it. YEP - If you move your peep that will change your sighting point/ arrow impact point. I have had to scrape off many tapes after changing arrows, BH's, bows, draw weight, and even peeps not much else you can do. I myself make sure I have the setup I want to use longer than a week, lol before I put the tape on permanently.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I believe their DS (Dial) models have a set screw that will allow you to slip the scale for peep movements, but anything that significantly changes the velocity of your setup your going to need to start over with new tapes

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. Thanks guys. I did not think this thread would get much action in the accessory box or where ever it was I placed it.

Yeah, it it the broom not the dial.

That is what I concluded is get the set up perfect as can but like you stated, it seems a matter of time before I mess with or change something. Ugh. I saw a good thread (maybe the other forum) on a hha tape swap. That seemed like a good idea but if I recall it was an older thread not getting much action...should have marked it.

Oh, well. Looks like there is a tape purchase in my very new future....either that or I need to find a tape print program alluded to. Ugh, that chaps my britches. I will give it a whirl/ol college try for a while and see if it is worth the angst. Seems like it has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
In a pinch or for a temp. tape cut a sticking label to fit and mark your twenty as you get the other yardages zeroed in mark them, after you have shot enough and are sure you are set you can use that by peeling it off and putting it along side of the printed tapes until you find the matching tape then install it. I have changed setups and bows so often I usually dont use the printed tape until just before hunting season and I'm sure of the setup I will be shooting. I might have a couple tapes you need, if you know the number, let me know I'll check.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Well before you go down that road I've got some extra tapes, so let me know which # you need and I'll send them out to you...also you can try and call HHA, I told them I lost my tapes (which I did at the time, but later found them) and they sent me a whole set of new ones...their CS is awesome, QAD is the same way.

Wow. Thanks guys. I did not think this thread would get much action in the accessory box or where ever it was I placed it.

Yeah, it it the broom not the dial.

That is what I concluded is get the set up perfect as can but like you stated, it seems a matter of time before I mess with or change something. Ugh. I saw a good thread (maybe the other forum) on a hha tape swap. That seemed like a good idea but if I recall it was an older thread not getting much action...should have marked it.

Oh, well. Looks like there is a tape purchase in my very new future....either that or I need to find a tape print program alluded to. Ugh, that chaps my britches. I will give it a whirl/ol college try for a while and see if it is worth the angst. Seems like it has a lot of potential.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hah...ya ole devil dawg, ya beat me too it...excellent advice!

In a pinch or for a temp. tape cut a sticking label to fit and mark your twenty as you get the other yardages zeroed in mark them, after you have shot enough and are sure you are set you can use that by peeling it off and putting it along side of the printed tapes until you find the matching tape then install it. I have changed setups and bows so often I usually dont use the printed tape until just before hunting season and I'm sure of the setup I will be shooting. I might have a couple tapes you need, if you know the number, let me know I'll check.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks a ton and great advice. I may take you guys up on the tape offer--I know I burned through a number 26 on the first day. Been reluctant to mess with it further until I figure things out a little more. In addition, i put it on my back up bow (D340) to "try out" the the sight before going on my new shooter (Lethal Force). It has to cut the mustard in the minors before I can send it up to the Show and take it in the field. Not quit ready to displace my Spott Hogg starter--we're definitely not there yet. I will admit I do see some potential thus far. But I digress...the point being, I know I am going to burn through some more tapes in the near future so I wont take advantage of your kindness (Deano + Stomper) just yet until I know the final verdict.

Mahalo

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Hey brother tge tapes are nice but I bought the TAPes program from tap and it's awesome.

Tapatalk

·
Registered
769 Posts
They also have a slotted extension bracket you can use to make small vertical adjustments. Obviously if you change the speed or other things relative to the trajectory of the arrow that wouldn't help you but if all else is the same but a small peep adjustement I would think this would be the ticket.

Slotted extension bracket allows infinite aperture placement.

Attachments

·
Registered
833 Posts
They also have a slotted extension bracket you can use to make small vertical adjustments. Obviously if you change the speed or other things relative to the trajectory of the arrow that wouldn't help you but if all else is the same but a small peep adjustement I would think this would be the ticket.

Slotted extension bracket allows infinite aperture placement.
Great info, did not know they had this, thanks for the awareness!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.