Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you have to do to become pro/famous? Being relatively new to the archery community, I have been noticing that people are famous for archery? I read up a little on NAA and NFAA (I believe those are the correct letters) and it seems you have to do a lot of traveling to attend all the contests while being a good shooter to even get someone's attention?

Are there suggested/required bows to have to go pro? Or can you stick with yours as long as you shoot crazy good?

Do companies such as TruGlo and Trophy Ridge sponsor you or do big name bow companies such as PSE, Hoyt, and Mathews sponsor as well?

How realistic/unrealistic is going pro? I heard some people make a living off of it?

And, where is a good place to start to get your foot in the door? LOL.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
I have no idea what to tell ya other than good luck. They don't hand out sponsorships for shooting in your backyard apparently or I would be loaded down with em

·
Registered
896 Posts
You tube lol do some crazy good shooting and put it on you tube. Idk man

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
put your application in for nock out tv season 2. lol.

I think it's the same as any industry (music, movies, modeling etc) gotta be good, pay your dues ( lots of tourneys you have to win), have deep pockets (gotta pay your way till your sponsored), a little luck and enthusiasm.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

·
Registered
769 Posts
Practice, practice,practice...Win some big tourneys, work your way up the ranks and use social media to pimp yourself along the way. Or you need kill some monster bucks, etc on video/youtube to get noticed and use social media to pimp yourself along the way.

Easy Peasy.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I started out at the bottom and busted my $$$ off to get to the top. I have won countless state championships, have several state records several top finishes at nationals and even won ibo world. Now with even all of that i never went famous like levi Morgan or reo wilde. Yes I've shot for many companies and shot for a few now but i still have to pay to play

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Going Pro in the tournament scene is a tough road...Your not gonna get anywhere shooting local shoots, gotta shoot the National events like ASA, IBO, NFAA and you gotta win to get noticed. And even if you do that it's still hard to be the "IT" guy like Levi Morgan is. Being young helps, if your winning everything like Levi and young companies look at you as more marketable...It's easier to market a young dude than an old geezer, companies feel like Younger celebs draw in more new shooters.
As far as the "Pro" hunters like Michael Waddell, hell if I know, if you figure that out let me know too...I'd give my left nut to have a hunting show but it'll never happen.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
If I told the secret we would all be famous. But if you really need to know fine make a real funny video like dry firing a bow or derailin it and post it on you tube then let everybody know so they can like it and suddenly your famous.

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
I started out at the bottom and busted my $$$ off to get to the top. I have won countless state championships, have several state records several top finishes at nationals and even won ibo world. Now with even all of that i never went famous like levi Morgan or reo wilde. Yes I've shot for many companies and shot for a few now but i still have to pay to play
That's cause your ugly! Lmao!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hey i helped carry ya in the 3d contest this year......then again i was a bit chubby back then lol

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
Hey i helped carry ya in the 3d contest this year......then again i was a bit chubby back then lol
:)

Yes you did. Sucks only having 1 weekend a month off.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
That's how i am right now. Gotta love mandatory overtime

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
Oh, that sucks.

My one weekend has forced wifey time. Lol!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts