Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
65603_4995100233967_1176884221_n - Copy.jpg

Hi guys! My name is Emilie and I'm a college kid aspiring to be a comic book artist. I got into archery a year ago and fell utterly in love. I figured with how often I shoot and how much I want to learn, it's about time I joined a forum. I've been to several 3-D tourneys (and walked away with first place) and seeing as I live in monster buck land, I've taken up bowhunting as well. Right now I'm sporting a Bear Apprentice 2 dressed to the nines. Knowing what I do now about bows, it's not my dream compound, but it will get me by until I've saved up for a much nicer bow. My draw length is 25" and my current draw weight is 45 lbs, but it's about time to bump it up. I shoot an average of once a week, compete in monthly tournaments hosted at one of the two local clubs I'm a member in, and have introduced a few of my friends to the sport, as well. That being said, I don't really have a wide circle of friends outside of the clubs that I can nerd out with, so I'm hoping Archery Addix will fill that void. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm a pretty easy-going person. And of course, any advice or suggestions are always welcome.

Outside of archery, I'm pretty much just a big nerd. I spend a lot of my free time indoors playing video games on my PS4 and Xbox One. I enjoy weekly games of Dungeons and Dragons and play lots of Magic the Gathering (a really nerdy, complex card game of rock, paper, scissors). I also fish a lot. It brings me peace of mind. Before archery, I spent a lot of stress relief time shooting firearms. I am an avid collector and a big gun enthusiast. Often, I fancy myself a writer and participate in a lot of online rp's and poetry forums. And of course, I love comic books. My dream job would be working for Marvel or Vertigo, but in the meantime, I'm just enjoying my time learning the technical aspects of graphic design.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to get to know you guys.

1098074_10200658242357158_1110822079_n.jpg

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Definitely just put capitals on the NERD word if you're wanting to hang around here! Most of the guys on here couldn't even spell the word nerd, let alone know what it means so perhaps you'll fit right in. Sounds like you've got your feet wet already in archery and have a good basis to build on so if you pay attention and slowly sift through all of the garbage that gets thrown around here you might actually find a tidbit or two that are useful. So for all of us here, glad to have you. Now join in on the fray, post away and maybe even get a laugh or two at some of the complete insanity that goes on around here.

Reactions: SADKINS

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Welcome!!
Have you gotten to shoot any deer yet? I've hunted KS a coupe times and it sure is a nice state.

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts
Warning : these chumps talk a lot of mess
This would have to be the understatement of the forum. :) we have been known to seldom stay on topic, have some school girl style cat fights and make some questionable posts ( Yes Bling that one is for you :) )

All that being said we are a pretty helpful bunch who love to see new members to the Addixion.

One last thing if you were hoping to keep this a cheap interest then run now. Run very fast and very far. Lol

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts
Welcome!!
Have you gotten to shoot any deer yet? I've hunted KS a coupe times and it sure is a nice state.
WOW there are a few members who would have loved to be on that hunt..... Did you give him a bow too or just a head start? :)

(Sorry bad taste I know)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spidey, for sure. Especially if we're talking superior spiderman or the amazing spiderman. I don't have much confidence in the new ultimate spidey, though, he doesn't have a fraction of the motivation or experience as parker. I prefer the xmen story line but spiderman was my first real super hero and considering all of the villains he overcame single handedly, let alone while on the avengers or xmen, he could probably out smart any mutant or otherwise super powered individual aside from a telepath like emma, jean, xavier, etc. Ornkitty pride. She pretty much always wins.

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
Questionable post how where when who? Not me ima sweetie

Welcome girlie. Don't listen to these coots notice it's only spoiler who says that. He is just a jealous Aussie

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
WOW there are a few members who would have loved to be on that hunt..... Did you give him a bow too or just a head start? :)

(Sorry bad taste I know)

LMAO, I shouldn't of had to give him a bow I'm sure he has enough of them that he sold and never shipped. lol.

Yeah that would be a free of charge guided hunt lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thank you all for the welcome! I'm already getting the warm and fuzzies

Definitely just put capitals on the NERD word if you're wanting to hang around here! Most of the guys on here couldn't even spell the word nerd, let alone know what it means so perhaps you'll fit right in. Sounds like you've got your feet wet already in archery and have a good basis to build on so if you pay attention and slowly sift through all of the garbage that gets thrown around here you might actually find a tidbit or two that are useful. So for all of us here, glad to have you. Now join in on the fray, post away and maybe even get a laugh or two at some of the complete insanity that goes on around here.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. Archery and nerdery are two demographics that don't always mix. I enjoy both crowds a lot, though.

Welcome!!
I have, actually. There's a lot of monsters running around, I missed out on a beautiful buck that kept coming by the property I was hunting. But I made it with a big doe at the tail end of the season.
This would have to be the understatement of the forum. :) we have been known to seldom stay on topic, have some school girl style cat fights and make some questionable posts ( Yes Bling that one is for you :) )

All that being said we are a pretty helpful bunch who love to see new members to the Addixion.

One last thing if you were hoping to keep this a cheap interest then run now. Run very fast and very far. Lol
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'm an avid forum user and I love the quirky ambiance. Plus, I haven't been able to put my bow down. Its kind of a toss up between the addiction of hearing that soft twang of my string, watching that arrow hit right where it should, and feeling like legolas from the Lord of the rings.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
My boys say I'm better than the elfs in lord of the rings lol

Pse

1 - 20 of 173 Posts