Archery Addix banner

In market for a new gun.

7K views 62 replies 13 participants last post by  blinginpse 
#1 ·
So let me hear what you would buy. Nothing off the wall just want some ideas. I got a lot I want but can't make up
My mind haha

#6 ·
some of a them T3 builds are impressive

#19 ·
Been keeping my 222 with me In the truck for groundhogs and coyotes. I usually use a 7mmstw in rifle season. Have a browning 257 Roberts setting in the box may pull out and use a little in rifle season too.

You said your looking for a gun in your post but my question is what kind of gun you looking for Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol and for what use will it be intended for ?
At this point with turkey season about over ima hold off in the franchi affinity 20 for now And look for rifles. I'm not much Of a pistol Fella. I got 1 that's plenty for me. So for the rifle decisions I've tossed around browning abolt or xbolt T/c venture savage predator and cz model 455.

I would love to get My hands On a Remington lite varmint 22-250 but they quit making them lite Varmints a good whole ago. Buddy of mine has a 204 and man I want 1.

Pending the gun varies by caliber. Anywhere from 22-250, 7mm, 22mag, 6.5 creedmore. 260,

#20 ·
I got a t/c venture in 7mm mag. It's decent for the price. I don't shoot it much any more.
My cousin sold his 204 for a 22 250. He said he was losing the odd coyote. Bullets are to light I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#31 ·
I have a custom made rifle using the venerable Mauser 7-57 one of the oldest military rounds still in production.Although a little slower than the fast stepping magnums, with its range of projectiles it,s still capable of putting down most animals on this planet . for the smaller game my little Remington 5mm rimfire magnum is still my favorite choice.

I think Danny has the best cover of choices. However i would swap his 22mag to the 5mm rimfire mag, its faster and more devastating when it hits

#34 ·
DR, I have a model 70 Feather weight in 7x57 it is a classic and performs above it pay grade. I used to load 40 ballistic tips for thin skinned game and partions for stouter game.

All this gun talk makes me want to go out and wack something....I haven't carried a rifle to hunt is recent memory.

#36 ·
The model 70 was a great rifle for its price range and still enjoys a dedicated following. The 7 mm is probably one of the most versatile caliber,s out there. I chose the 7.57 for its ease and smoothness of chambering

Well over a hundred yrs ago possibly the most prolific Elephant and Ivory hunter Karamajo Joe Bell shot thousands using only the 7.57. He would get in close and heart shoot them. He said it was the best caliber for the job, with ammo easy to purchase and he could carry three times the amount of ammo compared to the more heavier calibers.Plus the rifle was a fraction of the weight.

I used to (more yrs ago than i care to remember) love reading magazine articles written by a famous American hunter and Author, Colonel ???? sorry cant remember his name. But he regularly wrote articles about everything to do with rifles, calibers etc. He often told about his exploits in Africa. I got a real chuckle when he used to hunt everything with the 375 mag saying it was needed in Africa. But his wife used to shoot everything he did (excluding the real big stuff) with her 7.57.

#37 ·
Colonel Robert Townsend

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.