Archery Addix banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked for a "string section" to post in to no avail so hopefully I am posting in the right place.

I just installed some Jeremy's Custom Strings on my 70# lethal force and want to show off/give props out to Jeremy and his quality work/product...the lengths were exact and once installed my bow was all but to spec. Not being the most creative guy in the world, I "borrowed" the Addix colors because they look awesome. I was pleasantly surprised how close I was through paper after my initial 2 shots. After several shots, I only had to put a put 1 full twist in my CAMs to synch. Couple bumps to the rest and I was close enough in paper and ready for some bare shaft and broad head tuning (next week's project if the wind ever dies)

2012-07-11_22-32-31_491.jpg
2012-07-11_22-32-57_646.jpg
First two shots.
2012-07-11_21-18-20_942.jpg
Few Shots later.
2012-07-11_22-34-27_173.jpg

30" Lethal Force tuned right up with some 340 spine ICS Hunter 29" arrows 100 grain tips with no issues. Going to borrow a chrono again to see if there is any difference with the new 8190 material--I think the bow had originally come with the 452x material. I also am curious as to whether the hyper glide either robs or gains any speed. It does appear to inhibit wear over the stock cable guard.

Big Mahalo to Jeremy (and Dennis of course at Obsession)

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I havn't heard anything bad about the stock Obsession slide....why switch it out? Just curious?

Nice string colors! I have a AA LF coming and I hope my strings look like that for sure!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I put the hyper slide on my sniper after noticing a little wear on the strings. Havent ran through a chrono but didnt seem to rob it of anything.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock slide seems to work great...Left it on my 60# lethal force. The hyper glide came off my Assassin when I sold it and threw it on the 70# as it supposedly can pick up a couple fps and minimize wear. I will test speed rumor for myself once I can borrow a chrono. I think the teflon of the hyper glide may promote less wear in the long run (I shoot alot). I did have some "fuzzies" present prior to replacing with the glide on my original strings (I would guess 1,500-2,000+ shots over the last 3 months) but nothing a coat of wax didn't seem to take care of and is consistent with the over all string wear. This was the same or less than any previous bow I have owned. No problems to report on my end.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Hmmm...interesting. I'll look mine over after I get it and shoot it in a bit and try out my First String slide on it and see what it does. But if I don't see excessive wear with the factory slide I'll probably just keep it on.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Thanks bud! I am glad you are happy with them!
I looked for a "string section" to post in to no avail so hopefully I am posting in the right place.

I just installed some Jeremy's Custom Strings on my 70# lethal force and want to show off/give props out to Jeremy and his quality work/product...the lengths were exact and once installed my bow was all but to spec. Not being the most creative guy in the world, I "borrowed" the Addix colors because they look awesome. I was pleasantly surprised how close I was through paper after my initial 2 shots. After several shots, I only had to put a put 1 full twist in my CAMs to synch. Couple bumps to the rest and I was close enough in paper and ready for some bare shaft and broad head tuning (next week's project if the wind ever dies)

View attachment 20687
View attachment 20688
First two shots.
View attachment 20689
Few Shots later.
View attachment 20690

30" Lethal Force tuned right up with some 340 spine ICS Hunter 29" arrows 100 grain tips with no issues. Going to borrow a chrono again to see if there is any difference with the new 8190 material--I think the bow had originally come with the 452x material. I also am curious as to whether the hyper glide either robs or gains any speed. It does appear to inhibit wear over the stock cable guard.

Big Mahalo to Jeremy (and Dennis of course at Obsession)

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Great looking setup!!!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts
Sweet setup. Are those threads on that LF 8190 or 452?

Looks great can not wait to see pics of mine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Am I "sure"? No. I actually loaned my string material tester to a friend. However, it is what I had requested...You can ask Jeremy to confirm. I believe he may be one of the string builders for the Addix edition bows which I thought was also coming with 8190.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Preference was definitely color. The animals thus far don't seem to mind 452x and I now look good doing it!

Lethal Force AXIS deer..jpg
(compliments of the orig. stock 452xs material)

My pig photo from this weekend isn't uploading but I guess if I am being honest, it was taken with my new 60# LF I just received and think (may be mistaken again) that has the new 8190 material on it (solid black and grey strings). :blink1:

Thanks again Jeremy, you are a maestro! :notworthy: I am looking forward to receiving my other set of the same color and material (on order).

·
Super Moderator
4,409 Posts
Mate glad you love the colour. It does look awesome. I battled with this decision. Do I stick with the colour scheme that I really like or go the 8190. I chose the 8190. I went with red and sunset orange. The thread look awesome in your bow so I hope I made the right call :)

Should get pics from Jeremy soon so will get an idea then.

Nice animal too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts