Archery Addix banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a left hander and have been through a ton of frustration trying to buy a left handed target bow and after 6 months, i found Jim's Bow and Gun Shop. I called Jim on Monday the 6th of this month and he said the magic word's when I asked if he had any left handed bows, "No, but let me make a call and see if I can get a couple of Obsession bows in for you to try". Friday night he called me and said he had the Phoenix and the Addiction for me to check out. I went in on saturday and pulled both but very quickly ruled out the Phoenix and settled on the Addiction. I wanted the longer ATA for target shooting.

It pulled very easy compared to my 2010 bow. it was set at 53lbs and I had no troubles as I am used to 50lbs. the back wall was so solid that when Jim was showing me a Truball Sweet Spot 2 BT release that I was not hearing his instructions on the "release" and ended up holding for several mins. The release was was suprising for several reasons, I almost pissed myself when the BT let go and the speed that was generated from a mere 53lbs. Very quiet with nothing but the standard suppresion that comes on the bow. The claims of "dead in the hand" are pretty $$$$ close in that there is just enough there to tell you that there might be something wrong but so minimal that you have to look for it.

Bottom line is that a Left handed archer in GA needs to call Jim and see what he can do for you. I ordered my bow and will not be trying to shoot the other 2 bows I was interested in. The bow was awesome and I have no buyers remorse or regret in my decision.

I hope to be shooting the US Indoor Championship in NM at the end of Feb as my debut into the Target world

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Well what color congrats one the new bow.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Congrats. Let us know how it goes as you keep shooting it.

What is different about the 2014 Addiction and the previous versions.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Congrats. Let us know how it goes as you keep shooting it.

What is different about the 2014 Addiction and the previous versions.
Nothing different then the 2013 mode from what i can tell on specs and what my 2013 looked like, but they got the IBO closer to correct. It still looks like you can the either the LF cam or the LF2 cam for longer draw ppl.

OP what camo/color you getting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the only difference between the 2013 and 14 is that the inserts are stainless. I like the black and like the new stormy hardwoods but was leaning toward getting it sooner so I can get the practice in before the US indoors end of Feb. I'll talk to Jim this week and see what he says.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's in Dudley GA, Exit 42 on Interstate 16. I went with all black on the entire bow and blue and black on the ABB strings and cables

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So things are coming together for my first shoot with the new bow. I will be signing up for the US Indoor Championshis here in NM. I should have the new bow with a Specialty Archery peep, Extreme 360 competition system and a 6in dovetail for my Black Gold Accent Ambush single pin sight. I have been practicing with the TRU Ball Sweet spot 2 BT release and am not sure if i am doing it right yet but will go back to the Diamond Pro for the competition for sure if i am not 100% comfortable. Jim at Jim's Bow and Gun Shop has been taking really good care of me with advice and product selection and once i get established with the new coach I think i will be in really good shape. with a master bow tech like Jim and a pro coach how can i not be able to take it to the next step. be on the look out for the unboxing review of everything i have listed above.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Can't wait to see it! I set up my buddy's Knightmare and that thing shoots Darts!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Extreme 360 Tournement System is in and tuning begins sometime around the end of the week so that means the ABB strings and cables are in. I am going to do a complete unboxing as well as a review as soon as i get my Black Gold Accent Ambush sight with 6" dovetail on it. anticipation is killing me, how did we get through this when we were kids at Christmas. Jim Rhodes of Jim's Bow and Gun in Dudley GA has been REALLY REALLY good to me through all of this. I am confident that if i don't clean some X's it will be my fault not the equipment, thanks to Jim!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the wait has been long and maddening but I believe the bow is finally in the hands of Jim Rhodes of Jim's Bow and Gun in Dudley GA for set up and tuning. I am flying out there at the end of the month to check it out and shoot in his Friday night 5 dot tournament the first day i have the bow in my hands. Not sure how wise this is since it's like buying a camera the day you go on vacation and it breaks two days in. But I plan to spend the weekend there so I can shoot as much as I can before shipping it back to NM while I am on vacation. I will be posting a review at the end of the month.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Congrats on the new bow...........I know it is to be a lefty!

Where in NM do you live? I hunt the Black Range (Units 21A, 21B) for elk and mule deer every year.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have only been hunting turkey in the Sandia's and Monzano mountains by Albuquerque where I live. I do love that area (Gila) of the state for camping. I hear it's a great place to hunt the big mullies. I am more of a Tournament shooter but hunt turkey once in a while. I am thinking of putting in this year for Oryx both on and off White Sands Missile Range.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I have only been hunting turkey in the Sandia's and Monzano mountains by Albuquerque where I live. I do love that area (Gila) of the state for camping. I hear it's a great place to hunt the big mullies. I am more of a Tournament shooter but hunt turkey once in a while. I am thinking of putting in this year for Oryx both on and off White Sands Missile Range.
Oryx is the best wild game meat I've ever had..........I've had Moose which many consider to be the best but Oryx is much better , IMO.......

Hunting Oryx with a bow is extremely difficult, most guys hunt them with rifle............The females have the larger horns.........Good luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the luck will be needed to draw "on base". on base means that base security tells you where they are and you go there and generally tag out quickly. "off base" is more of a stalk and challenging hunt. I have a ton of friends telling me about these hunts which is starting to peak my interest.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
There's something wrong with that bow. The cables r gonna be awful close to your arm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts