Archery Addix banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Onepin modified extreme blades to fit the titanium Rageferrule. The titanium ferrule w/ Xtreme blades offers a larger cut then the standard Xtreme. A Dremel w/ cutting discs was used to machine the extreme blades to fit the titanium ferrule and orings

Attachments

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sethro's Raging Ulmer

"set screw modification pic. this is using the rage set screw so that the blades does not damage the threads. if threads are damaged you cant change blades without messing up ferrule threads"

"only mod was using the rage set scew...you have to drill out one side because the set screw from rage is bigger"

Bottom Pic Raging Ulmer Xtreme

Attachments

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Grave digger xtreme looks sickly huge.

·
Premium Member
20,509 Posts
Timmy how do they stay closed. Doesn't look like the 0 ring would keep them shut by the pics of the rage digger.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Timmy how do they stay closed. Doesn't look like the 0 ring would keep them shut by the pics of the rage digger.

OnePin takes a dremel with cutting discs and grinds out the O'ring grooves whereas I have been hand filing mine. I have made a template for the grooves and make about a dozen blades off of it that have had perfect retention

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Project Bane was a collaborative effort between one pin and I where we wanted to make a beastly killzone. I sent him the killzone ferrule and he made it a 3" rear deploy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a vid I made showing my test of the blade retention after I filed the o'ring grooves. I take a wide mouth coffee mug and tape a piece of computer paper around it so that it is stretched out tight. I push the broadhead slowly through, and straight down, to make sure they are stretching the o'ring evenly so as to deploy at the same time with no delay. I also pressed it in and around the slots of my foam TightSpot quiver to show the blades weren't easily deploying in the quiver which was an old Rage issue.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Those are the deadliest broad heads on the planet.The rage digger is like shooting a deer with 3.5 slicktricks at one time.Butt hole free broad heads on this thread.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
These things look pretty sick !!! I'm not a mechanical fan, but man, those look like monsters !!!

Do you experiment with making over sized fixed heads ?

Sent from my iPhone
Revelation 1:5

1 - 19 of 19 Posts