Archery Addix banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone applied for any of the Missouri Managed hunts? I wish they would let you apply for more than one and only allow you to be selected for one. When we used to apply for permits in Arizona you selected 1st choice, 2nd and 3rd. I don't know why the MDC won't do that here?

· Registered
162 Posts
Don't know much about the hunting situation in AZ, but the number of hunters in Missouri is way up there. The biggest reason the MDC only allows you to apply for only 1 managed hunt is because of the vast numbers of hunters in the state. I'am not sure of the total amount of deer tags sold in Mo. last year but in archery alone there were over 120,000 tags sold.

After much pressing from hunters in the state, they have finally installed the prefrence points for those that are not slected. Best thing about Mo. is the vast amount of public land that is available to hunt. God I love this state. :)

· Premium Member
3,266 Posts
USMCarcher26 said:
Has anyone applied for any of the Missouri Managed hunts? I wish they would let you apply for more than one and only allow you to be selected for one. When we used to apply for permits in Arizona you selected 1st choice, 2nd and 3rd. I don't know why the MDC won't do that here?
So what hunt did you end up putting in for?

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know

I had a friend of mine put my name in and I don't know which one he applied for. I told him whatever was fine with me and to just let me know after he found out if we were drawn or not.

· Premium Member
3,266 Posts
I ended up putting in for a rifle hunt. My step dad and best friend have never killed a deer and I want to try and help them get one. I might not even hunt, I'll be packing my .41 mag just in case!!!

· Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got drawn

Well I found out that our party got drawn for hunt #29 Dec 3- Dec 23 at the Columbia Bottoms conservation area. We are stoked and can't wait until December. :grin: :)

· Premium Member
3,266 Posts
Re: I got drawn

USMCarcher26 said:
Well I found out that our party got drawn for hunt #29 Dec 3- Dec 23 at the Columbia Bottoms conservation area. We are stoked and can't wait until December. :grin: :)

Congrats, my friend hunted there year before last and had pretty good luck. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.