Archery Addix banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two quick questions (one soliciting opinions I guess...)

1. Any states that I would not be able to hunt with a muzzleloader that has a thumb hole stock?

B. Would yall choose a camo thumbhole CVA Accura V2 50 cal like this 'un
CVA Accura V2 .50 Cal Muzzleloader Nitride/SS/RT APG - Mills Fleet Farm

Or

A CVA Apex Black/Stainless 50 cal. Does not come with the rings like the Accura but has a mounting rail.

Same price for either...

My thoughts so far: I like the thumbhole stock, not huge on the camo. If it was black/stainless I would get the Accura no question. Like that the Apex is a swappable barrel system. If the thumbhole would limit my hunting choices that would make my choice easier too.

·
Registered
11,903 Posts
Not sure if your able in all states but I'd recommend buy a smokless if all states allow. Far as other things I can't comment cuz idk I've been away from black powder so long

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Some other member might be able to correct me if I am wrong here, but as far as I know the states where a thumbhole stock might be in question require pure primitive use, so no optics and no powder pellets. Basically, I think the stock is going to be okay wherever you can use a scope on your muzzleloader.

Reactions: huntnfishnut

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Why the hell do they care about the stock?
My old man has a inline muzzleloader and it shoots amazing. I wouldn't be scared to shoot 250 or so yards with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts