Archery Addix banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to bow hunting and have only shot 4 bows in my life. I'm currently deployed so if i bought anything right now i wouldnt be acble to shoot till i get home. Do any of yall think it would be a dumb decision to go ahead and purchase a hoyt carbon so soon? i have shot my buddies hoyt, hoyt carbon, mathews chill and a bowtech carbon knight. the hoyt carbon felt the best to me hands down. i will probably purchase a new/great condition used one. do yall think this is a bad impulsive move on my part?

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I don't think it is a bad idea but if you are deployed for a bit you might want to wait for a few more bows to hit the market and more people to test them out. They have already had some issues with the $3 cams cables slapping the riser and some cracks showing up in the risers. The longer you wait the better idea you will have if these are just minor issues or something you need to be worried about. Also the longer you wait the more used bows will be available and probably the better chance at getting a good deal. No need to rush to get one to just sit at your house waiting for you to come back.

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
I would wait till you were able to shoot a bunch of them.

The carbon knight is a budget $549 bow and the hoyt carbon is a premium $1399 bow. Big difference between those to. I would probably go with the faktor over the Carbon spyder if it was me...and those were the choices.

You need to shoot them all and decide which you like the best without influence from anyone else. It's your money and your the one that will be shooting it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Already gents i appreciate the opinions. I just can't freaking wait im so stoked haha.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
If ya get one will you have to wait to get home to shoot it. If so I would def wait. If you can get it shipped to u buy what ya think you'll like the carbons have good resale value. Even the faktors I would imagine would hold good value. I've shotem and they r dry nice bows

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would wait... Half the fun is shooting all the bows you can before making your choice

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Wait, might even be something better or that you like better by then...no sense shelving a bow if you not around to at least look at it

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
I own 2 Hoyt Carbons, going on a 3rd.

For me, after I bought the Alpha Max and fell in love with it, I bought both Carbon bows basically without shooting them, sight unseen. I just knew by then Hoyt's style,,, it was good for me.

I shot a couple arrows thru a Hoyt with the wrong cam and didn't get the feel for the cam. I mainly bought them on how they felt in my hand and trusted my older brother's advice. I did shoot his Matrix one afternoon.

I wouldn't recommend you do as I did. I was stone cold a Hoyt type of person. But if you like the Hoyt, truthfully in my mind, there ain't nothing made anywhere that's better than a Hoyt top line bow today.

Now is an Element or a Matrix Plus a better choice than a Carbon Spyder Turbo ?

I'm leaning Element right now. I'm also leaning RKT cam over the Z cam. I think the Z cam is a bit "spongy" on the wall. But I'm gonna need more time to give my final opinion on that.

Sent from my iPhone
Revelation 1:5

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you can't have it on your deployment, I would wait. Get home and try several before you choose. Try a PSE DNA......

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Wait....I had Jay test out a line of bows last night that I don't have access to and I will not be buying, even though 3 weeks ago I wanted one based on the specs I saw.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
Yep easy to get buyers remorse when buying bows. Unless you need it now wait till you can do your own testing.

Also worth noting that what seems like a good deal today on a secondhand bow will be a normal deal in a months time. Bow devalue pretty quickly.

Bow Tart

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.