Archery Addix banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Hello, My name is Jeremie I live in Wisconsin and am looking forward to all the insight and years of knowledge I can tap into on this forum.

I am new to the site and the have only gun hunted white tail so far and I am diving into the bow hunting stage now. I have a Bow Tech Fuel with a Tru Fire Release. I have a few questions on the bow though and basic accessories that I think are needed to be ready to hunt.
1) I have a whisker biscuit arrow rest already friend told me that is good.
2) I have been shooting without a stabilizer and I am thinking of buying one. What is a good place to start and what brand?
3) I need to pick out a broadhead. I am leaning toward mechanical brands: Rage and G5. looking for advice and suggestions.
4) Quiver I do not have and am looking for a budget one I understand that Tightspot is the best but I am just starting off.
5) Most importantly I have had a peep installed and the bow checked out by a local shop and should be ready to rock.

With the Bow Tech Fuel I have the draw length at 27.5 and by the manual at that draw length the limb adjustment is to be at 3 1/2 marker showing will be 70 lbs. draw weight. If the limbs are adjusted tighter where the marks that showing is say at 2 will that damage the limbs? Also I am not sure that at 3 1/2 it is 70 lbs maybe it just doesn't fell that way because I am good with it.

6) To tie in with #3 I want to make sure I have enough kinetic energy to pick the right broad head. So I need some help.

Thank you ahead of time for the help.

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
Biscuits are fine. If you're sorting shooting good without a stab, go with it. I like a s coil. Sharp heads that shoot good. Yes practice with them. G5 headlock is a great quiver

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
Biscuits are fine. If you're sorting shooting good without a stab, go with it. I like a s coil. Sharp heads that shoot good. Yes practice with them. G5 headlock is a great quiver
Second on the G5 Headlock. Great quiver for the money. Plus it has the screw in tree mount

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. I have heard and been looking at the G5 Headlock. Didn't know it came with the screw mount, nice bonus!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the advice and insight. I have been looking at the G5 Headlock and it seems like a nice quiver and I didn't realize that it came with the tree mount also!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts