Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I too would be very interested in hearing your impressions on the new line of bows from Obsession. Did you have a chance to shoot the Addiction (35 ATA bow)? How did the Lethal Force compare to the Addiction?

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
The video isn't working for me. I tried searching YouTube for it with no luck either. Curious as to how these bows compare to everything else at the ata.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I did some copying and pasting and got the video to work. Dave you seemed a little impressed. Haha.

·
Registered
874 Posts
This might have been covered but I have yet to see it... what happened to the sound on all these videos?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Well what did you think of the Obsession bows?
x2. What did you guys think of the draw, letoff, valley, and vibration? Sound is kind of hard to hear...

We all know how they feel with the hybrid cams. Curous how everything compares with the two tracks for those lucky few that have finally had a chance to shoot both setups?

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Under most circumstances, I would love to not have to hear your voices but it would be nice to hear your comments on what you're shooting.
(although from your facial expressions........I'm guessing that you guys were impressed)

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
We shot all of the Obsession bows - a lot!

They are all very nice bows, very good fit and finish, and obviously have very nice lines.

The bows "feel" very similar. A smooth linear draw that isn't stiff at all, then melts into a good valley, not to short nor to long, and of course a rock solid back wall - limb stops. At the shot the bow is absolutely dead and neutral. Easily in the top three bows in this category as any bow I've shot before.

Speed, well until I can chrono one myself, we have to trust the stated speeds which Obseesion claims are "The fastest 7" BH bow in the world!"

More to come when production bows hit the streets, but this is definitely one line to watch!!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I wish you could have got some video of shooting the 35" model, that's the one I'm most interested in. Did you guys notice any cam lean or anything like that with them? We all know how notorious 2 tracks are for lean "though my SX-1 doesnt have any to really speak of".

·
Registered
720 Posts
Looks like the bow wants to kick back a little. I'm sure a good stab would fix it up, but just wondered if you noticed it at all when you shot it.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
With the exception of only 1 or 2 bows I shot at the show (e.g. Darton 3900), this year, they all wanted to kick back from the top. Some more than others!!!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I actually prefer a bow that will roll back on the shot. That way you can play with stab's to find one that will get the bow to sit still at the shot or roll slightly ahead if you prefer.
If the bow rolls forward with no stab on it, you will then have to use a V bar or back weights to get the bow to stop rolling forward as fast or just sit in your hand.

·
Premium Member
15,992 Posts
I wish you could have got some video of shooting the 35" model, that's the one I'm most interested in. Did you guys notice any cam lean or anything like that with them? We all know how notorious 2 tracks are for lean "though my SX-1 doesnt have any to really speak of".
There is no discernible difference in the draw/shot of the bow. Maybe the 35 was like 1ish% less stiff on the draw???

Imperceptible cam lean...!!!

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
did you guys ever ask about the weight of the arrows being shot too see if theey were giving you a heavy aroow to help quiet the bow down.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
Arrows were HT2's 300 spine cut to 29". Factory inserts put in with Goat Tuff glue, 100 grain field points with Blazer vanes and a Bohning nock. Whatever that comes out to be is what it was. My guess was 390, but I could be off a tad... I did not have a scale with me.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
60 or 70# bows. i would guess mostly 60# so almost everyone could shoot.,

1 - 20 of 54 Posts