Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Re: Official Turkey Contest sign up

bowtune&hunt said:
horn hunter,nice birds ..........shooting them with a bow is fun,but getting them to come in to your setup is sometimes not easy.other times they come running in.....??

Thanks...and congrats on your bird as well!

The birds out here this spring have been really quiet and unresponsive to calls..not much talking except right off the roost.

Hopefully the weather will change next week and warm up a little so the wife can get out and kill her bird.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

THEHornhunter! said:
[quote="bowtune&hunt":f3zfd36u]horn hunter,nice birds ..........shooting them with a bow is fun,but getting them to come in to your setup is sometimes not easy.other times they come running in.....??

Thanks...and congrats on your bird as well!

The birds out here this spring have been really quiet and unresponsive to calls..not much talking except right off the roost.

Hopefully the weather will change next week and warm up a little so the wife can get out and kill her bird.[/quote:f3zfd36u]

goodluck to the wife........having the same problem ,birds are quiet,seems to be just a waiting game....................

·
Registered
274 Posts

Finally had a chance to take the wife (Leanna) out this a.m. to hunt.

Setup the blind last night and this morning did a little calling and the 3 birds came in like they were on a string ...Leanna made a great 26 yard shot and now has her first turkey!!!

First pic is of the bird she killed that I took yesterday when I was out scouting.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts

AWESOME! WAY COOL! A real family affair and that's just plain nice. Congratulations.

·
Registered
589 Posts

Well I deleted the photos of me and my dad with my turkey killed with my Vengeance, so this is the best I could do dinner is served.
4 1/2 beard
1/4 spurs
15 lbs

·
Registered
13,267 Posts

liv2hnt said:

Well I deleted the photos of me and my dad with my turkey killed with my Vengeance, so this is the best I could do dinner is served.4 1/2 beard
1/4 spurs
15 lbs
Not fair! You never rang the dinner bell!

·
Registered
184 Posts

Got this little dude Sat morning. Was the last time I could get out for the season so I left the bow at home and took the 10 ga. Only weighed 13.5 lbs and had a 3" beard. I wanted one for the smoker and this one will be real tasty! :-o

·
Registered
927 Posts

Great contest Dave and Hoppy! Great birds and stories guys!

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts

Congrats to bowtune&hunt for winning the contest. I'll shoot you a PM for your arrows :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

Hoppy said:
Congrats to bowtune&hunt for winning the contest. I'll shoot you a PM for your arrows :cool: :cool:

thanks hoppy ,and dave for the fun competition,i entered this competition to have fun not to win,i love the sport of bowhunting it's part of me,and who i am .you were nice enough to give some arrows for doing somthing i live for .the older you get the more you appreciate the little things in life ,i really am not hurting for cash at the moment,and the lord took greed from me a long time ago.when i had my first child ,im not trying to sound sappy ,but its all about the kids ,and the little bowhunters.so if it's alright by you hoppy i'd like to give the choice of arrows to oregonbowhunters boy he is the real winner ,awsome job little man.god bless the little ones.......................thanks
keith

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts

bowtune&hunt said:
Hoppy said:

thanks hoppy ,and dave for the fun competition,i entered this competition to have fun not to win,i love the sport of bowhunting it's part of me,and who i am .you were nice enough to give some arrows for doing somthing i live for .the older you get the more you appreciate the little things in life ,i really am not hurting for cash at the moment,and the lord took greed from me a long time ago.when i had my first child ,im not trying to sound sappy ,but its all about the kids ,and the little bowhunters.so if it's alright by you hoppy i'd like to give the choice of arrows to oregonbowhunters boy he is the real winner ,awsome job little man.god bless the little ones.......................thanks
keith
CLASS ACT!!!!! Couldn't agrre more. I'll get in touch with him. Thanks BH&T :|

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

bowtune&hunt said:
Hoppy said:

keith

WOW! Talk about restoring my faith in mankind. That is awesome man. You are what this site is about. Archery Addix, assisiting and helping grow the sport of archery. I am in awe! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

thanks hoppy and dave,that young man seems like he was pumped in that pic........i love it when there pumped,somtimes the kids have that confused look on there face after they shoot somthing,and they wont stop stareing at the deer,or bird.... :D ......thats cool too.....this boy is a little bowhunter for sure.
he looks like hes shot a few animals before ....i'm guessing.... :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts

bowtune&hunt I just want to say THANKS for such a great gesture. It is people like you who make the hunting community proud. When I told Hunter what you were doing he was all pumped up. He also would like to give you a big Thank You!!!!
:cool:

Thanks Again!!!!
Oregonbowhunter

·
Registered
2,595 Posts

Oregonbowhunter said:
bowtune&hunt I just want to say THANKS for such a great gesture. It is people like you who make the hunting community proud. When I told Hunter what you were doing he was all pumped up. He also would like to give you a big Thank You!!!!
:cool:

Thanks Again!!!!
Oregonbowhunter

my pleasure for sure ,your a great dad to take the time to bring him with you...........tell the little man to enjoy.
i love seeing kids bowhunting......

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts

If we do this again, does it have to be archery only. I know this is a archery site, but turkeys are meant to be hunted with shotguns.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts

i thought last year extra points were awarded to those who used bow.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.