·
Registered
15,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elk, shut your pie hole...

So I figured out most of my POI issues!

http://www.archeryaddix.com/forums/showpost.php?p=323177

Hi my name is Mike, and I'm stupid...

So yesterday I decided I was going to shoot my Carter thumb release and Scott Silverhorn wrist-strap caliper release back-to-back. Whack has been "encouraging" me to shoot a wrist strap caliper release when the XTerminator gets here today, but I really have been shooting the thumb release well!

So, thinking through the difference in POI I experienced earlier in the week, I put the Scott on and realized, "hey, I can tighten this strap up another hole".

Bingo! POI is immediately almost identical. Makes sense to, when I can actually see it and think it through. Even though the knuckle on my hand index finger is anchoring at my jaw/ear intersection, the string wasn't coming back quite as far with the caliper release. Tightening the strap pulled the hook back, so that now it is in almost the exact same spot in my hand as the thumb release hook - DUH!

I must have been leaning my head slightly forward and down to get my string to nose to peep alignment.

This is why the Anchor Sight will be going on this bow ASAP. Would have instantly shown me that something in my draw/anchor was off - event the slightest bit!

Here is the difference one hole on my wrist strap makes at 30 yards.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341064974.752457.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341065082.816196.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Yes sir......any difference at all with have an impact on .....well, your impact. Glad you got that sorted out Mike. Now get the video rolling lol.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Why would you call me out like that Mike?

Of course I'll be a nice guy and agree with you 100%!

Who would know you any better than you?

·
Registered
805 Posts
Oh.......I said your head was moving in to your anchor. Throw that wrist-buckle thingy away and stay with the thumb release.......Also you told elk, not me......Told you so.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
15,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would you call me out like that Mike?

Of course I'll be a nice guy and agree with you 100%!

Who would know you any better than you?
Just having' some fun with you Lanny!

·
Registered
15,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh.......I said your head was moving in to your anchor. Throw that wrist-buckle thingy away and stay with the thumb release.......Also you told elk, not me......Told you so.

yep - you did!!! You were right!!!

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you ever try Back Tension.....thats a huge difference. Make sure the target is as big as house the first time and glad you got it all worked out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts