Archery Addix banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I was just curious on thoughts, ideas and tips on opening a small archery shop. It will be located in NW PA. Looking to find out what all license I will need and where to get them. And any other info you can give. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The nearest shop sells Mathews and its 25 miles and they maybe sell 15 bows a year and carry nothing new on hand and start as a hobby maybe make a little money after a few years then take it from there and it would be nears Franklin pa

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
The nearest shop sells Mathews and its 25 miles and they maybe sell 15 bows a year and carry nothing new on hand and start as a hobby maybe make a little money after a few years then take it from there and it would be nears Franklin pa
A lot of the big companies require approx 50 miles between dealers, so you need to find out which companies will take you on as a dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mathews is 30 miles for dealers and I already called pse, bowtech, strothers, elite, martin, newbreed and bear they are the ones if I opened shop near my house which has pretty good traffic those are the manufactures that would sell to me. Its just figuring out what the best sellers would be of those. I know most of the bowhunters that I know and that I do personal work for they either shoot Mathews or hoyt and then a couple others here and there. Thanks this is something ive been planning for a long time now.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I see you have been thinking. Talking to as many bowhunters as you can find would be the best way I can think of to determine what would sell. But, IMO, showing some of those Mathews owners what a good bow feels like would generate some sales!!LOL

·
Registered
106 Posts
Good luck, its lots of fun,frustration and be prepared for late phone calls and missed hunting opportunities..But if you enjoy archery, you'll do fine! Always continue learning!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would love to open a shop myself, but I am located in a small city, don't think it will work out. Good luck on your new business adventure and keep us posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts