Archery Addix banner

Pin shoot.

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Went to a bowling pin shoot over the weekend, first one I've been to in over a year and a half. I did alright took first in cowboy(single action) .22 and third in cowboy (single action) centerfire. I was diappointed with my .45 times, it is usually my best class and I wasn't even in thre running.

Centerfire tables

My .41 mag blackhawk, Kimber .45acp and my Taurus .41 magnum.

This is a pic of some of the single actions I brought. There is a stainless blackhawk .357, a stainless single six .32 H&R magnum, blued single six .32 H&R magnum and a blued old model single six .22

See less See more
#7 ·
You get four tables and you shoot for time. You throw out your worse time average the remaining three and that's your score. Depending on what cartridge your using the pins are moved further toward the front of the table, they need to leave the table not just fall over on it. Sometimes you'll hit one and it will roll in circles and you gotta knock the thing off moving. The game is very addictive, the problem is I can't be at 2 places at once, can't shoot 3Ds and pin shoots at the same time. It was too dang hot to be running up and down the hills at a 3D so I decided to shoot pins.

#9 ·
tobin01 said:
When you going to post the pics of what the pins looked like after the shoot :sad:
Sorry I didn't take any after action pics of the pins. Believe it or not they are not beat up too bad. Usually they have quite a few marble sized lumps on the far side of them from the bigger guns. I don't know what the plastic coating is on these things but it is tough stuff. They also gain several pounds during the course of a shoot as they soak the lead up like a sponge.

Now I will tell you that a 45-70 does a number on pins. One or two shots is all you get.

G
#17 ·
Got quite a few connections going already:
My cousin's family live in Marshfield and own over 100 acre dairy. My Aunt lives in Ava with a few hundred acres while my bestfriend (Army bud) lives in Waynesville and has 3 and another Army buddy lives in Lebanon and has 18 acres.

The wife and I are looking for 2.5-10 acres between Lebanon and Rolla area. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.