Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a quiet fixed blade head? Shooting a slick trick and a bipolar tonight and both are loud with the bipolar considerably louder.
image.jpg

I got more practice to do with killing heads. This is at 30 yards. The far left is the bipolar, the center high is a field point, the low center is the slick trick and the low right is a field point. This was after about 30 shots in the hot, oppressive humidity of Georgia in an August.
I hope to try ram cats next.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I do know Qad doesn't make as much noise as ST.

Reactions: IHB?

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Those look to be shooting pretty good for you, with good accuracy I'm not sure that the sound would make much of a difference.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Slicks do have a whistle. I'm not sure I've ever heard a broadhead that didn't make noise. Solids have the same whistle with gks being a little quieter that solids imo.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never considered QAD heads. I'll look into them. Jay - I appreciate the kind words, I want them all touching and won't stop tinkering until they are, I'm a bit anal in that regards, I'm the same with my rifles.

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
I don't worry about the noise Slick Tricks make, definitely not as loud as grizz tricks. like others I call it the death whistle.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
If my memory is correct it takes 500fps + of arrow speed to hit a deer without it hearing the sound of a broadhead cutting thru the air and the deer dropping because of the sound, which isn't going to happen yet with bows therefore you might as well shoot what ever broadhead makes you happy.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Qad exodus or TT shuttle T's. Shuttle's being the quietest, Shuttle T's and 2" Fusion vanes = the quietest combo I come up with yet.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
If my memory is correct it takes 500fps + of arrow speed to hit a deer without it hearing the sound of a broadhead cutting thru the air and the deer dropping because of the sound, which isn't going to happen yet with bows therefore you might as well shoot what ever broadhead makes you happy.
I am not a scientist or mathematician( I probably can't spell either), but 500 fps seems low. The speed of sound is 1126 fps or 768 mph. So, yeah just keep shooting whichever heads you like. Just keep em sharp and hit where you aim.

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
I am not a scientist or mathematician( I probably can't spell either), but 500 fps seems low. The speed of sound is 1126 fps or 768 mph. So, yeah just keep shooting whichever heads you like. Just keep em sharp and hit where you aim.
Chuck Adams said the arrow must travel over 700fps for a deer to not be able to duck an arrow so it must be true.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts

I did say 500+ so i was semi close. Lol knew it was something

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I knew its < 300fps. Stoopid deer ducking my arrow.

Reactions: NoDeerInIowa

·
Registered
193 Posts
I knew its < 300fps. Stoopid deer ducking my arrow.
Seconded. Lol.

I shoot Vpa 3 blade unvented and they seem pretty quiet. And definitely right with field points.

--Alex

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you're still following this thread, here's food for thought. If a deer "jumps he string", it is already reacting to the sound of the bow being shot. So any noise from an arrow is immaterial. If it doesn't jump the string, the arrow is already well on the way before it would react to arrow noise. So it wouldn't be dropping as far as it would jumping the string. IMHO, I think people make too much of arrow noise.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts