Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really wanting to try a fixed blade this year. Looking for 125-150 grain. I've been looking at Magnus buzzcuts but Im open to other options. I would like a good strong head that tunes easily. My past experience with fixed blades hasn't been the greatest but then again they were also cheap heads

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
replaceable i go 125gr Slick Tricks...solid you can look at Silver Flame, Werewolf, there is a cool single bevel that supposedly twists as it is passing through flesh, can't remember right now what its called, but it looks interesting also. Someone will chime in with the name of it.

Also:

Solid Broadheads

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Whew! You will get several opinions with a question like that! LOL

There are several brands and models in my shop that I would trust in the woods. The last few kills were with German Kinetics and NAP Big Nasty's. I used the NAPs because I was trying out the Easton Carbon Injexion arrows. I was impressed with the Big Nasty's and the Carbon Injexions. The German Kinetic broadheads are in a class of their own imo.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Muzzys have always been killers. Never did find a pack of 6 where all 6 flew right though.

Gk 125 xls fly awesome. Have not killed with em yet though.

Exodus are my go to. Out to 40 same point. Past that it appears (could very well me) to start to wonder. Usually left.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would i be better off with a short ferule or long one

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
Never had to do much tuning with slick tricks. Bout one of the best heads for the low price. Although there are still many good ones to choose from.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Never had to do much tuning with slick tricks. Bout one of the best heads for the low price. Although there are still many good ones to choose from.
^^^
First yr to try STs ...Built em screwed em in...Same impact as FPs out to 50...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will my heavy aluminums counter some of the steering issues i had with light weight carbons?

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I'm a big ST fan.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
I love the damage done with Wasp Boss 100 grain 4 bladers. I've devastated hogs and deer for years with them.

I'm using Solids 100's this year just for the heck of it. Shot 2 pigs and a 9 point with them so far , also with great flight and damaging results. I really like them, but its too bad they took months and months to arrive after I placed my order.

I'm wanting a 2 inch cut blade, cut in impact , to use on some of these Barr hags we have that are 500+ pounds.

Sent from my iPhone
Revelation 1:5

·
Registered
16,988 Posts
Muzzys have always been killers. Never did find a pack of 6 where all 6 flew right though.

Gk 125 xls fly awesome. Have not killed with em yet though.

Exodus are my go to. Out to 40 same point. Past that it appears (could very well me) to start to wonder. Usually left.
I'm always confused when I hear this. Over 20 years I have shot dozens of muzzys and have never had one fly bad but I've only ever shot the old 4 blade model

PSE

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
I ve always use the 3. Ive got a bunch from 10 yrs or so ago still (couple dozen all told probably).

Sometimes a rearranging the blades or changong them out would work. Sometimes though, we just set em aside and didnt use.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Might have some 4's as well. 3 fletch works I assume. Seems like I remember hearing the 4 fletch for 4 was more a myth than anything.

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
The old three blade muzzys sucked imo. Had better results and consistent trough the whole pack of six thunderheads

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Get some slick tricks and get after it. I've heard good things about the shuttle t broadheads as well.....

I'm looking into trying some of the single bevel dirt nap broadheads. They look like solids but have a single bevel grind.

·
Premium Member
8,248 Posts
Get some slick tricks and get after it. I've heard good things about the shuttle t broadheads as well.....

I'm looking into trying some of the single bevel dirt nap broadheads. They look like solids but have a single bevel grind.
Looking at getting the dirt naps next as well.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do they make the muzzy 4 blade in a 125

1 - 20 of 46 Posts