Archery Addix banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from a new member,
I realize this hardly qualifies as a franken job but for a noob like my self it seems quite intimidating. I have 2012 Carbon Matrix with #2 RKT cams I would like replace with #2 Z5 cams.The mods likely are the same but this is as far as I can go on my own. I hope somebody out there has done it already and would like to share knowledge.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Rich

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't ...just need to experiment with cable and string Lengths and see what specs you get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Trial153,
That would be quite plunge for a complete newbie like myself. I am quite hesitant to do that. It would be like learning to paint by touch while blind folded.
Rich

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think your combo would work. From what I know now, Hoyt changed the angles of their limbs to cams so that now, they rotate differently and draw lengths vary.

This was due when they went past parallel limb. On their 34 inch bow today they cannot get their Turbo cam to rotate full and allow for a 27 draw complete cycle. The pitch of the cam angle changed on account of the limbs @ rest being past parallel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts