Archery Addix banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently having issues with my NAP Armorrest. The lower arm fails to drop 1/20 shots. I would like to know if anyone has some suggestions to fix this problem. Because I shoot FOBs, when the lower arm fails to drop, the FOB makes contact, the arm bends forward and contacts my riser. That's less than ideal for my new paint job.

When NAP sent me new arms, they said the failure was likely caused by cable stretch. I bought it at the time, but I no longer believe that is the case for two reasons: 1) I shoot Vapor Trail VTX and this set has been on the bow for more than a year 2) the down cable was still pulling the hammer all the way back.

I have adjusted the string connecting the rest to my down cable to only pull the hammer back about half way. My though is that this will cause the hammer to contact the firing pin in the rest sooner. I'm not sure that this is how the Armorrest functions because I have not taken it apart, but it seems logical.

I like the idea of the Armorrest a lot and would like to make it work consistently instead of replacing it with a different rest.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
The idea is great.

Already gave ya my opinion though. It looks 100 times cooler than it functions.

And I don't don't like the looks of em much either;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know you don't like the armorrest. I would like to try to fix it before I switch though.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Me personally was interested in the rest in question. Once I have an issue with a piece of equipment I have to get rid of it cause I would lose confidence in it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have lost confidence in it, but regain it when I think the problem has been corrected. Having said that, I have not been able to correct this problem YET.

·
Registered
150 Posts
We'll I don't know much about this rest but I use a trophy ridge revolution and shoot fobs. And it has never failed. It's full capture and fast as hell. If u decide to switch I would recommend it. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
5,316 Posts
The only recommendation I can give is get a new rest...
Just my opinion, it's your money.

You made mention of a new paint job? I'm assuming you redid your bow over.

For my money on any customized bows, I ain't using ZERO equipment that is not proven beforehand.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone
Revelation 1:5

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
%5 failure rate is too high for me. Hunting or target setup. Doesn't matter. I'm sure it could be fixed but it would always be on my mind when making a shot that matters.

I had similar results in the trophy ridge revolution on a customers bow. I'm just against that whole "double lock" concept.

Hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info on the Trophy Taker Revolution KyRaizor. I looked at it on their site when CHUBbY suggested it.

I had the Vapor Trail Limb Driver on my 82nd Airborne, and it was reliable and easy to adjust, but I want full containment. I did not like the QAD HD because I had clearance issues on my 82nd Airbourne at 70lbs. I will look at other rests to determine which is the best drop-away that offers full containment.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Trophy Taker Revolution KyRaizor. I looked at it on their site when CHUBbY suggested it.

I had the Vapor Trail Limb Driver on my 82nd Airborne, and it was reliable and easy to adjust, but I want full containment. I did not like the QAD HD because I had clearance issues on my 82nd Airbourne at 70lbs. I will look at other rests to determine which is the best drop-away that offers full containment.

It's all in the timing. Especially with Fob's. You maybe able to get it right. IMHO there are just too many good products out there nowadays to need to put so much effort into getting something to work right.

Code red is a good rest comparable to the QAD but the mechanism is actually a little faster acting IMO and may help you out. I've been a QAD guy for a long time but after working in a few I've been pleasantly surprised with them.

It's a suggestion , not an endorsement.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I doubt by Insanity CPXL at 62lbs will have clearance issues unless the rest fails to drop. I'm leaning toward the Apache Carbon, and considering the Rip Cord and Smackdown Pro. I am also considering the QAD HDX and LimbDriver Pro, but to a lesser extent.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
The apache is a great rest for the money. Very quiet, easy to set up and super strong

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I'm using the carbon apaches too and love them. Just very simple and reliable. My bow goes through hel! with our climate up here and that rest works everytime. This year my brother shot at a 140-150" buck but his code red got some moisture in it and froze and never dropped. It cost him that deer. That one time is enough for me to never try one of those rests.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I'm using the carbon apaches too and love them. Just very simple and reliable. My bow goes through hel! with our climate up here and that rest works everytime. This year my brother shot at a 140-150" buck but his code red got some moisture in it and froze and never dropped. It cost him that deer. That one time is enough for me to never try one of those rests.
We don't have to worry about that kind of cold in Kentucky, thank goodness! I can see how that would happen and I would definitely steer clear of certain rests as a result. Man. Just got cold thinking about it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The carbon apache is sounding pretty nice right now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts